Page 14 of 115 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Excellent.

Parts list to convert a P365X into one of these:

- One P365X-Macro Grip Module
    - One P365X-Macro 17 round magazine
    - One P365X-Macro Slide

I can re-use my P365X fcu in the new Grip Module, and insert my standard size barrel. Poof. I have a P365X-Macro.

Correct?

I’m hoping:

1) that a manual safety version will be offered, preferably with an appropriately larger safety lever
    2) that a “normal” XL top end will drop onto the Macro frame; and
    3) that Wilson offers one of their grip modules for the Macro.

I can see a Macro being a strong candidate for a G19 sized (but thinner) holster gun. I like my 365s more than I should.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Not being a close follower of the proliferation of P365 models, does anyone know if there is a reason why this cannot be released with the thumb safety?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Excellent.

Parts list to convert a P365X into one of these:

- One P365X-Macro Grip Module
    - One P365X-Macro 17 round magazine
    - One P365X-Macro Slide

I can re-use my P365X fcu in the new Grip Module, and insert my standard size barrel. Poof. I have a P365X-Macro.

Correct?
    If you want to duplicate the factory offering.

You can use any P365XL length slide. You could also just add a threaded barrel and comp to a standard P365 slide.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Not being a close follower of the proliferation of P365 models, does anyone know if there is a reason why this cannot be released with the thumb safety?
    Other than the cost of another mold for a thumb safety variant of the macro grip? No.

This is a standard P365 FCUs and slides.

Unless there is some issue with the width of the new grip, you should be able to cut a notch in the macro grip and drop in any P365 MS FCU as people have done with the P320 MS FCU and the AXG grips.

Good to know. For some reason, I was thinking that the 365XL was not available with a thumb safety, but in Googling one, I see it is.

I think I could be interested in an XMacro-MS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m hoping:

1) that a manual safety version will be offered, preferably with an appropriately larger safety lever
    2) that a “normal” XL top end will drop onto the Macro frame; and
    3) that Wilson offers one of their grip modules for the Macro.

I can see a Macro being a strong candidate for a G19 sized (but thinner) holster gun. I like my 365s more than I should.
    The macro uses standard 365 series FCU and any P365/P365XL slide will work.

It’s literally just a bigger grip and 365 series mag lengthened to take 17 rounds. The mag is cross compatible with all other P365 variants.

The question is, could one simply notch the macro frame for a 365 MS FCU or is is there thickness issues which would require a dedicated frame?

I don’t see Sig adding a larger manual safety lever. That would likely be a good product suggestion for the aftermarket.

Site Supporter
    Good to know. For some reason, I was thinking that the 365XL was not available with a thumb safety, but in Googling one, I see it is.

Even if it wasn’t, you could buy a regular 365MS, an XL slide, an XL grip frame and some Swiss files and make your own.

It’s a true modular handgun.

I really want to see someone shoot groups at 25 yards with this pistol, given our experience with the Spectre Comp.

I am leaning towards the Macro grip module, the new magazines and either the PMM/3.1/365X upper or a straight XL upper.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you want to duplicate the factory offering.

You can use any P365XL length slide. You could also just add a threaded barrel and comp to a standard P365 slide.

I ordered one and plan on using an XL slide with a threaded AC comp on it.

I want more than a 3” barrel on a gun this size.

When they first came out they weren’t available with MS

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Even if it wasn’t, you could buy a regular 365MS, an XL slide, an XL grip frame and some Swiss files and make your own.

It’s a true modular handgun.
    DREMEL, cough cough.

I moved my MS FCU to an XL when they first came out. 10 seconds with a grinding disc and clean up with a file.

I plan on doing it with this gun when I get it in.

I’ll make a gamer setup with the mcarbo titanium striker and 3# striker spring.

User Tag List