Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1170

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Setting up another slide for a chopped Macro. Plain black Dawson's installed tonight. Going to confirm zero in the morning, then I'll mount the EPS Carry and zero that after a 24hr loctite cure. Installed a couple Armorycraft enlarged safeties tonight, left a stock one on this one for comparison pics. I really like it in dryfire. We'll see how it is in live fire tomorrow.
    Name:  20240205_211047.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  31.4 KB
    Name:  20240205_211108.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  36.6 KB
    Name:  20240205_211119.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  38.3 KB
    Name:  20240205_211212.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  72.1 KB
    Name:  20240205_211358.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  43.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Also, if anyone was wondering I can confirm the Armorycraft safeties do fit in a mid or high guard JMCK AIWB for a Macro with safety.

Site Supporter
    My three Armory Craft extended safeties arrived yesterday and I went 2 for 3. The first two installs went smoothly in P365XLs (replacing the stock MS). The third was slated for an early production P365 (also with a stock MS), however I ran into an issue. The hole in the extended safety was slightly undersized (I believe due to the finishing) and the stock Sig safety detent wouldn't go into the hole. I called Armory Craft this morning and they couldn't have been easier to work with. A human picked up the phone right away, apologized for the issue and had a return label sent to my email within minutes. They're sending a replacement as soon as USPS activates tracking to minimize downtime. Excellent customer service.

Couple of notes on holster fit. My full guard JMCK holsters for MS P365s that I use on Enigmas had no issues at all with the extended safety. The Tenicor Velo 4 I run on the belt needed 60 seconds with a heat gun and it was good to go.

The AC Extended Safety is ergonomically what the Sig MS should always have been. I can't see myself running a stock safety going forward on the 365s I have or any I may acquire in the future. Engaging and disengaging the safety is much more positive. I've only worked dry practice so far, and will circle back if anything unexpected crops up during live fire.

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    My three Armory Craft extended safeties arrived yesterday and I went 2 for 3. The first two installs went smoothly in P365XLs (replacing the stock MS). The third was slated for an early production P365 (also with a stock MS), however I ran into an issue. The hole in the extended safety was slightly undersized (I believe due to the finishing) and the stock Sig safety detent wouldn't go into the hole. I called Armory Craft this morning and they couldn't have been easier to work with. A human picked up the phone right away, apologized for the issue and had a return label sent to my email within minutes. They're sending a replacement as soon as USPS activates tracking to minimize downtime. Excellent customer service.

Couple of notes on holster fit. My full guard JMCK holsters for MS P365s that I use on Enigmas had no issues at all with the extended safety. The Tenicor Velo 4 I run on the belt needed 60 seconds with a heat gun and it was good to go.

The AC Extended Safety is ergonomically what the Sig MS should always have been. I can't see myself running a stock safety going forward on the 365s I have or any I may acquire in the future. Engaging and disengaging the safety is much more positive. I've only worked dry practice so far, and will circle back if anything unexpected crops up during live fire.
    With the extended thumb safety, can you draw and manipulate it in a way that doesn't slow or change your hand position? Can you put it back on, like a 1911, so it can go on every time the muzzle comes off target?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With the extended thumb safety, can you draw and manipulate it in a way that doesn't slow or change your hand position? Can you put it back on, like a 1911, so it can go on every time the muzzle comes off target?
    With the Armory Craft safety, I can. I establish grip in the holster with my strong hand thumb on the left side of the back of the optic (I'm right handed). As my thumb makes its way down from the optic as I continue to establish my grip on the draw the Armory Craft safety has enough real estate that my thumb can sweep the safety off just past thumb pectoral without me having to slow or change my hand position.

Site Supporter
    I realized I didn't address your second question, but the answer there is yes as well. This extended safety allows me to run a P365 the exact same way that I would a 1911 minus the grip safety.

I also installed mine and it is significantly easier to manipulate in both directions for me. Won’t be able to shoot it until Saturday, but my initial thought is that the weak side may have to be ground down a bit. With my trigger finger indexed when disengaging the safety the base of my knuckle does interfere with the lever. Hasn’t prevented the lever from disengaging, yet, but it’s noticeable. I don’t think it’ll be a real problem, but this is the first time I’ve used a manual safety on a pistol, so I don’t really know what I don’t know yet.

Site Supporter
    Size comparison of the 3 different size X-Macro pistols I use. Full size, chopped for 12rd XL mags, and chopped to P365 size. All fit in any holster I have for Sig's. Longer mags are backwards compatible to the smaller guns. This is similar to the G17/19/26I had for years. With these I get a direct RDS mount, a manual safety, the same capacity aside from the 12rd gun, modularity, ergonomics that better work for my hands and much better concealment across the board. Again, I get the same holster and mag compatability I had with Glock's. Comparing these to their Glock counterpart size wise, I shoot these to about 90% of where I shot with the Glock (which I've shot, trained with and carried for 18 years). I'm happy with my performance with them, which should only get better the more I spend dedicated to the platform.

Name:  20240207_123113.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  70.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Armory Craft MS is 1911-ish for me. I never had a problem with the stock MS; it was fine and surprisingly practical for its size. On the draw, I would sweep the stock safety off then let my thumb rest in its normal spot, off the safety to avoid the slide. To reengage the safety, it was a slight over and up. With the Armory Craft MS, my thumb stays on the safety in a positive manner. Reengaging is extremely positive...very 1911-ish. It really feels like the (very good) safety on my old P938...maybe better. Hand position doesn't change.
    Now, with the stock and razorback XL grips, the Armory Craft weak side lever (I am right handed so the right hand safety lever) is un-noticed as I manipulate the safety. With a Wilson XL grip, and to a slightly lesser extent the macro grip, I notice the movement of the right side safety lever when I sweep the safety off. It doesn't change or affect my grip...I just feel it when I flip the safety down. I've got big knuckles so YMMV.Name:  IMG_9484.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  36.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 1More; 02-07-2024 at 08:27 PM.

I installed the Armory Craft extended safeties in both of my P365s and also their extended slide stop in my home grown Macro. I like it so far based on dry fire and manipulation.

My Macro is a Wilson grip module with an XL top end. I need to find an OWB for it, because I can see carrying it now that the safety is more usable. JMCK, here I come.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List