Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Wanted to provide an update on the nosedive issues with my X Macro. I had sent it back to Sig and they just replaced the magazines.

Now I think I've figured out that the problem is partly with me. This gun (or more likely the mags) seems very sensitive to limp wristing. Thinking back, almost every time the gun malfunctioned I was doing some one handed accuracy drill where I wasn't focusing as much on managing recoil or holding the gun very tight. It rarely if ever malfunctioned with a 2 handed firing grip. I'd consider myself a fairly experienced pistol shooter. I've never had an issue with limp wristing with any other pistol I've owned (Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps, 1911/2011s).

This was confirmed last weekend when I brought a relatively new female shooter to the range and let her shoot the X Macro. The same nosedive malfunction occured like 50-60% of the time when she was shooting it. Sure enough when I tried barely holding onto the gun with 2-3 fingers, I could replicate this malfunction nearly 100% of the time.

I happened to have my P365XL with me, and I swapped the slides to see what would happen. The XL slide on the Macro frame malfunctioned consistently when I held the gun lightly. However the Macro comp slide on my XL frame with 12 rd mags ran 100% even when I was barely holding onto the gun with 2 fingers. I was shooting 124gr S&B and Fiocchi FMJ, so fairly good quality target ammo. The Macro has about 6-800 rounds fired total so far.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Wanted to provide an update on the nosedive issues with my X Macro. I had sent it back to Sig and they just replaced the magazines.

Now I think I've figured out that the problem is partly with me. This gun (or more likely the mags) seems very sensitive to limp wristing. Thinking back, almost every time the gun malfunctioned I was doing some one handed accuracy drill where I wasn't focusing as much on managing recoil or holding the gun very tight. It rarely if ever malfunctioned with a 2 handed firing grip. I'd consider myself a fairly experienced pistol shooter. I've never had an issue with limp wristing with any other pistol I've owned (Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps, 1911/2011s).

This was confirmed last weekend when I brought a relatively new female shooter to the range and let her shoot the X Macro. The same nosedive malfunction occured like 50-60% of the time when she was shooting it. Sure enough when I tried barely holding onto the gun with 2-3 fingers, I could replicate this malfunction nearly 100% of the time.

I happened to have my P365XL with me, and I swapped the slides to see what would happen. The XL slide on the Macro frame malfunctioned consistently when I held the gun lightly. However the Macro comp slide on my XL frame with 12 rd mags ran 100% even when I was barely holding onto the gun with 2 fingers. I was shooting 124gr S&B and Fiocchi FMJ, so fairly good quality target ammo. The Macro has about 6-800 rounds fired total so far.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this?

That is concerning

18:06 Description of planned WC Macro grip module.

“They are coming”.

Black MS Macro grips in stock

The black MS Macro grips are in stock. Yes, I ordered one before sharing.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xmacro...bly-black.html

Sometimes it’s the little things. The LTT Grip Anchor transforms the G19 grip for someone with larger hands into something like a G45 without the grip height of a G45.

Now comes the FDEZ Werks FDEZ-3 blackstrap for the Macro grip module. $39.95. https://fdezwerx.com/fdez-3/

Mine arrived today, and boy does it feel good. Makes a Macro feel almost the same as a double stack grip. Maybe as good, a few range trips will tell the tale.

Attachment 105498

Attachment 105499

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Sometimes it’s the little things. The LTT Grip Anchor transforms the G19 grip for someone with larger hands into something like a G45 without the grip height of a G45.

Now comes the FDEZ Werks FDEZ-3 blackstrap for the Macro grip module. $39.95. https://fdezwerx.com/fdez-3/

Mine arrived today, and boy does it feel good. Makes a Macro feel almost the same as a double stack grip. Maybe as good, a few range trips will tell the tale.

Attachment 105498

Attachment 105499
    Nice! I have small to medium hands and i like mod 1.

Normally I run boresight but Mod 1 is nice

I went with the FDEZ-2. So far I’m happy - more space for my support hand, which is what I was after. Very reminiscent of something that costs about $100 elsewhere.

The pin holes on my samples are rather tight compared to OEM. Took a hammer and punch to install.

Name:  IMG_6945.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  100.1 KB
    Went to the range today and went through 115 rounds with the FDEZ-3. This thing is legit. I’ve never felt so much in control of the Macro. It genuinely pains me to say this but I preferred it to the large Boresight Razorback backstrap.

Went to the range today and went through 115 rounds with the FDEZ-3. This thing is legit. I’ve never felt so much in control of the Macro. It genuinely pains me to say this but I preferred it to the large Boresight Razorback backstrap.

Yeah it I awfully close between the two. I am tempted to five the fdez 3 another shot

Just got a non-comped x-macro with the 3.7inch barrel last week. As someone with freakishly small hands, I have to say I love the grip. It is by far the best "full size" grip I've used for my hands.

User Tag List