Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1162

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I don't carry with a light but the xl feels skinny to me (and I have small to medium hands) and points a little off for me vs the macro.

Adding the razorback I have better recoil recovery on a chopped.macro vs an xl.

My chopped macro vs standard macro performance is very similar (xl.slide and eps carry). On my wife's similarly setup xl I am noticeably worse on recoil control (even if I dedicate say a few sessions only shooting the oem xl grip).
    I think I missed it, but did Boresight chop your macro, or did you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I think I missed it, but did Boresight chop your macro, or did you do it yourself?
    I do mine. Have too many macros to send to boresight haha

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can send it directly to Craig if you both want?
    Sure if Craig would like to try it. He can then mail back to me after!

My hands are XL. On the standard XL frame my fingers wrap completely around the grip.

1) The ability to add a big backstrap (FDEZ3) to the Macro creates some grip space for my support hand.
    2) The backstrap locks my hand in better, helping with recoil control
    3) The slightly wider grip fills my hand better to provide more consistency in my grip.
    4) Logistics: Holster compatibility when moving between XL-length and Macro grip modules (although I just tried an XL frame in a Macro Tenicor and it clicked in just fine so maybe I'm overthinking that.)
    5) Logistics: Only need one TLR7-Sub

Name:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  25.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0868.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  25.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Can you guys explain to me why you like a chopped Macro frame over a standard XL frame? Just curious as the mod seems to be popular. Is it just because of the rail or is it the backstrap?

I don't carry with a light but the xl feels skinny to me (and I have small to medium hands) and points a little off for me vs the macro.

Adding the razorback I have better recoil recovery on a chopped.macro vs an xl.

My chopped macro vs standard macro performance is very similar (xl.slide and eps carry). On my wife's similarly setup xl I am noticeably worse on recoil control (even if I dedicate say a few sessions only shooting the oem xl grip).

After GJM is done with it if you wanna borrow my chopped grip please shout and he or I can send it.

Btw thanks for teaching me a ton, need to make it to.pne of yilour classes with the Mrs soon.
    Man that’s super kind thank you! I really would like to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can send it directly to Craig if you both want?
    Man that would be awesome thank you so much George.🙏🏽

Sure if Craig would like to try it. He can then mail back to me after!
    Headed to Craig soon!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I chop my own! Also.been chopping for other people. It isn't boresight beautiful, but it is fully functional (mags drop clean, insert cleanly etc)

I chop, radius the inside (the mag geometry of a 12 round and 17 are different), then just test fit. I also chop the beavertail
    What about the backstrap bump? What are you using to do that?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What about the backstrap bump? What are you using to do that?

Boresight or DYI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Can you guys explain to me why you like a chopped Macro frame over a standard XL frame? Just curious as the mod seems to be popular. Is it just because of the rail or is it the backstrap?
    Shape and specifically size of the XL grip makes it feel like im holding a zippo lighter. I get much better recoil control from the Macro circumference and length. I found an XL frame and built it up to where it feels the same but would rather have a chopped Macro for the holster compatibility.

User Tag List