Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    …and used my HK trigger return spring pliers to hold the screw while I filed.
    Have you seen these?

Name:  E834BFE4-A660-4C6A-A8FD-64BD791075EF.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  13.3 KB

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

I’ll usually hold a screw with pliers and zip it with a Dremel cutting wheel.

Sometimes I’ll use channel locks so I don’t have to hold tension.

What I should do is make a threaded plate to hold screws while I cut the tips.
    Last edited by JCN; 12-30-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Yes, it has a nice little mag well. I will see if I can get YVK to shoot Limited Optics with it, since it has a mag well!

Attachment 99249
    Another question, upon closer inspection of your pics with the magwell, does it need to be removed to swap out the backstraps? How is the magwell attached? Thanks for the Holosun mounting info as well, got an EPS Carry coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    Are the tall sights necessary for a low witness BUIS with the eps or other compact RDS?
    Can't comment on the macro as I haven't handled one with the tall sights. But did recently pick up another 365XL, a newer sku (365XL-9-BXR3-RXZE) that has the taller sights. These definitely make it easier to low witness the sights thru RDS. And they don't seem obnoxiously tall for carry. The front sight still fits easily within the sight channel on my JMCK IWB3 Light bearing holster.

Name:  365xl-rxze-2022-left.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  34.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Another question, upon closer inspection of your pics with the magwell, does it need to be removed to swap out the backstraps? How is the magwell attached? Thanks for the Holosun mounting info as well, got an EPS Carry coming.
    Here are pictures with the mag well on and removed. The other back straps are drilled and would appear to also work (the medium came installed).

Name:  F437E3A4-C215-4297-9675-6FBDA382EFCA.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  92BED8EC-2368-4984-82FE-A9043AAE68D5.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  52.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I didn't shoot my Open gun today, and spent the whole practice shooting the very stock Glock 19 with an EPS and an XL upper/Macro lower with an EPS Carry. With Glock ability the 19 can be shot faster, but I think for most people the trigger on the Sig will make that pistol easier to shoot, especially on accuracy intensive tasks (think two inch fits, one inch squares). For example, I tried the test (10 shots, ten yards) with both and shot 100 points in 5.80 with the Sig and 98 points in 5.18 with the Glock, but I felt like I had to work harder on the trigger part with the Glock.

Two observations about the new Macro like (not sure what we call it) variant. When I went to install the EPS, one of the screws (the two that came from Holosun) barely made it in, and the other was too long. I had to shorten the screw and used my HK trigger return spring pliers to hold the screw while I filed. Also, the lock up seems quite snug, almost like an original X5, where it takes some force to get the slide out of battery. Hope that translates to great accuracy.
    Concerning.

I specifically chose this model to finally top one with an optic. I was hoping it was more “plug and play” than this.

Mine is stuck until Monday. Hopefully, my FFL calls me Monday for transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Concerning.

I specifically chose this model to finally top one with an optic. I was hoping it was more “plug and play” than this.

Mine is stuck until Monday. Hopefully, my FFL calls me Monday for transfer.
    I just ordered 100 screws from McMaster for a grand total of 11 bucks and change. If you have problems, I can spare a few!

I didn't shoot my Open gun today, and spent the whole practice shooting the very stock Glock 19 with an EPS and an XL upper/Macro lower with an EPS Carry. With Glock ability the 19 can be shot faster, but I think for most people the trigger on the Sig will make that pistol easier to shoot, especially on accuracy intensive tasks (think two inch fits, one inch squares). For example, I tried the test (10 shots, ten yards) with both and shot 100 points in 5.80 with the Sig and 98 points in 5.18 with the Glock, but I felt like I had to work harder on the trigger part with the Glock.
    Do you anticipate the macro would carry any easier than the 19 with regards to comfort and concealment?

I just ordered 100 screws from McMaster for a grand total of 11 bucks and change. If you have problems, I can spare a few!
    You rock!

So it’s the screws and not the threads then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    Do you anticipate the macro would carry any easier than the 19 with regards to comfort and concealment?
    It is thinner, so yes, but it is an incremental better as opposed to night and day better. Of course other 365 pistols carry very well.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    You rock!

So it’s the screws and not the threads then.
    One of my screws fit, but the other identical screw needed to be trimmed. Obviously Sig drilled the two holes to a different depth. Apparently the McMaster screws are shorter, and there is plenty of thread engagement.

User Tag List