Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Holster should be here by the weekend. This will be getting some carry time.
    Name:  20221212_174437.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  45.4 KB

Email from Proven Arms this afternoon:

Name:  E4BA415C-364E-4C74-9326-B8763FC1B91E.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  18.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I only like pistols that I can get a full three finger grip on without using any extended mag baseplates. And I don’t want my little finger half way on or half way off the grip. Also, the only way *I* will carry my P365 Macro/ XL hybrid pistol AIWB or any other way is with a manual thumb safety. The same goes for any other striker pistol that doesn’t accept a SCD.

Installing a manual safety on the 365 platform is trivially easy and relatively cheap even if you don’t have the MS specific grip modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Installing a manual safety on the 365 platform is trivially easy and relatively cheap even if you don’t have the MS specific grip modules.
    Agreed - but has anyone mic’d a Macro grip module to see if the plastic will support safety lever clearance? The change I posted before seems to imply that a MS version is coming, but also that the original Macro grip module is too wide in the safety area. The FCU isn’t the problem.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Agreed - but has anyone mic’d a Macro grip module to see if the plastic will support safety lever clearance? The change I posted before seems to imply that a MS version is coming, but also that the original Macro grip module is too wide in the safety area. The FCU isn’t the problem.
    It is but JCN and I have both modified a Macro grip to take an FCU with manual safety. It takes no time to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    It is but JCN and I have both modified a Macro grip to take an FCU with manual safety. It takes no time to do.
    Ah - I didn’t realize someone has done that already, or I had forgotten.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Sick has shown a factory version of the non-ported macro with 3.7 inch barrel and they manual safety as an LE program product.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sick has shown a factory version of the non-ported macro with 3.7 inch barrel and they manual safety as an LE program product.
    Do you recall if the safety was larger?
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Do you recall if the safety was larger?
    No, it looked like a normal 365 MS FCU.

I was actually critiquing it, because I’m not aware of any institutional users outside DOD issuing SIG striker guns with safeties. Not the safeties on those guns are a bad idea, but it was just not consistent with what is in use by the target market.

User Tag List