Page 38 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Nice I hope Brian ends up being able to ge that one

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I'm okay with the above. In looking at this gun in context the Macro/P365 Spectre Comp is good for what it is designed for. No fuss with real comp, great optics host, slim line gun with more performance than a micro but not quite the performance of a full size. Personally if I can run a gun that carries like a micro 9 but isn't and get better performance without killing myself with the injuries I have or just being down right miserable I am all for it.

I know we like to split minutia here but if the gun can be run in the zone you're talking about with good assessment/accountability at splits speed of .30'ish it is a win. Outside of that most of the P365 and variants are reliable and accurate enough at distance. It is cool to see some innovation but can agree on all fronts with the instant singing of high praises by all it is obnoxious.

Now if we can just it a scaled up P320 slide that runs a 365XL barrel, slide guts and RSA that fits the P365 series FCU we can altogether dump the P320 line and move forward. I really like simplified design of the P365 and adore the modularity and ease of logistics, hopefully Sig folk see this think this is a good idea; if it hasn't been brought up already there. It wouldn't be a huge stretch now we have 17 round mags. If not maybe we'll get someone in the after market side to make us a Brigadierish slide for the 365 FCU line. Having mags that range for usage in a full-size gun into a micro would be freaking epic.
    Running the macro slides the numbers are all better

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Have a buddy who is a 3 tour seal. Great dude and amazing guy but just a dude like everyone else.
    Don't tell that to the internet, they'll ride you out on a rail...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Now if we can just it a scaled up P320 slide that runs a 365XL barrel, slide guts and RSA that fits the P365 series FCU we can altogether dump the P320 line and move forward. I really like simplified design of the P365 and adore the modularity and ease of logistics, hopefully Sig folk see this think this is a good idea; if it hasn't been brought up already there. It wouldn't be a huge stretch now we have 17 round mags. If not maybe we'll get someone in the after market side to make us a Brigadierish slide for the 365 FCU line. Having mags that range for usage in a full-size gun into a micro would be freaking epic.
    That is extremely unlikely as long as they have M17/18 contracts in place, it's just not smart business move at all IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    That is extremely unlikely as long as they have M17/18 contracts in place, it's just not smart business move at all IMO.
    I don't mean the Mil. I mean those of us who run a P320 and still don't like how Sig handled the whole thing or those of us who still lack full confidence in it. There are plenty of us, (even though I seem to own a shitload more of their stuff than anything else these days). As far as it not being a smart business move that would be highly debatable. What I am talking about is the exact same thing Sig has been doing with the whole P365 line and it has been insanely successful. For example originally the P365 model was released then the XL, then the P365X after that the Spectre Comp, .380 model and now the Macro. Sig has also changed slide designs and are offering all slide models with optics cut and BUIS. All models have or are about to have slides released for all guns on this line, all which have an extremely high degree of parts compatibility.

Instead of redesigning whole new guns time can be better spent reusing some of the existing components, saving lots of R&D time. Look at the .380 model. Slide, barrel RSA and mag swap, mag is mostly the same. This is a cost savings to the company and a benefit to the customer. If several models use the same barrel and other internal components that means fewer tool head swaps, less down time, fewer tools on the tool head potentially and higher output over all. I would think having fewer parts not only decreases cost but could also equate to more time for QC if one allowed. I am a good bit out my wheelhouse and of course this is a lot of conjecture on my part. I'd bet a machinist or manufacturing expert can chime in here and spell it out better than I could but I'm sure you see what I am getting at.
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-27-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m familiar with them. They were recently here training our Sheriff’s SWAT team.

Re: the other- They (and you) are not wrong.

My own interest in the Macro is all about the grip and mags.

The comp slide will be swapped out for a standard XL slide and either become the genesis of a ghetto mixmaster Spectre Spectre comp XL or get sold off.
    Why no interest in the macro comped slide?

The p365 lineup presents some all new compromises to consider for conceal carry.

Sacrifice velocity for better recoil control is the newest. In my head I’m trying to figure out when does the recoil benefit offset the velocity. There’s also

Would be curious your thoughts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Why no interest in the macro comped slide?

The p365 lineup presents some all new compromises to consider for conceal carry.

Sacrifice velocity for better recoil control is the newest. In my head I’m trying to figure out when does the recoil benefit offset the velocity. There’s also

Would be curious your thoughts.
    Same reason I just bought a Romeo Zero elite instead of a EPS carry. We can use a most SIG OEM parts for POWs but ported or lightened slides are one of the no go’s.

Saw two macros in the wild today, so they must be getting out in numbers. One of them will be for my wife or I, but it will be ten days until we can pick it up, due to travel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quick carry update. I’ve been carrying the macro for the past three days. With a TLR7 and 507k attached and it’s been very comfy. My only concealment issue is the corner of the magazine - just like a Glock, since the magazines stick out past the grip and have a hard square corner. Just need some rounded baseplates and I’ll carry this more than my XL.

A buddy showed up to the range this past Thursday with the new Macro. The gun shoots very well and I was really surprised with how much the comp seems to reduce muzzle rise during rapid fire shooting.

User Tag List