Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is what I do, too. I’ve even considered chopping the offside safety levers to match my other safety equipped guns.
    I’ve gone the other way and sent my EDC X9s to get ambi safeties put on just in case of weak handed manipulation / draws / presentation.

As someone who had a right wrist injury, I really appreciated the ability to use a lefty friendly safety.

Cancelled order

I changed my mind and canceled my Macro order…

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sig FCU's are like Aimpoint micros and Glock 19 slides, no matter how many you have, you can always find a reason for a few more. When I was buying a few extra 320 Custom Works FCU's, I ended getting two 365 ones by mistake. Of course they are now in use, in some extra 365 grip modules we had around.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    #GiraffeGuns

Let’s make this happen! 🤣
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I changed my mind and canceled my Macro order…
    Why is that

I hope the offer updated grip frames across the line, a flat 15 round with backstraps, and bit of palmswell!

Wilson is doing some market research over on IG.

Name:  10911EA2-43DC-49A6-9E78-73C57026587A.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  29.7 KB

Site Supporter
    If this grip is longer than a G19, I'm not interested. That goes for any modern polymer gun. G19 is the *maximum* size gold-standard. That's why the original M&P lineup was so disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Gotta say I agree here, these obnoxiously long frames are basically just like manufacturers dick measuring contests to see who can claim to have the most onboard rounds with flush fit magazines. It's designed with hype in mind, not functionality.
    I *will* caveat my own statement now by saying that I will allow a longer grip for the following circumstances:
    1. Uniform (LEO/MIL) open carry
    2. Cold Weather/Gloved use
    3. Competition use (made to fit in a box)

None of those ever apply to me, or for probably 85% of pistol buyers, so these giraffe guns are not appealing.
    G19 may be "The Gold Standard" for people with small to medium sized hands.

For myself, with XXL hands a G19 leaves my pinky hanging off without a magwell or mag extension.

The pinky is the strongest part of the grip (has the most leverage) and plays a SIGNIFICANT role in shooting effectively in terms of both speed and accuracy. So no pinky engagement is unacceptable for me.

While I'm biased by my hand size, both my agency and others have conducted testing involving a broad spectrum of people / hand sizes and found (no surprise) that there was a notable difference in performance with service length (G17/45) length grips vs compact (G19) length grips. Despite being a plainclothes agency, we would up with a SIG Carry (G45) sized pistol instead of the compact (G19 sized) pistol we originally intended to adopt based on the performance delta between them among non-dedicated shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Wilson is doing some market research over on IG.

Name:  10911EA2-43DC-49A6-9E78-73C57026587A.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  29.7 KB
    So the good news for people already invested in the P365 platform, that a WC grip module plus a magazine would basically be a $150 solution instead of a $800 gun.

I currently have some ProMag 20 round bodies with CZ shadow 2 followers in them that work 100%. They have long bodies and would work in a Macro length grip.

There’s a company that makes space filling extensions to use a 10 round mag in an XL… wonder if you could put that on a 12 round mag to fit a macro body until Sig makes the Macro mags available.

Lego guns are great for consumers and also manufacturers. Think of internet wars fought over whether Glock should introduce a 17 with a 19 grip, or a 19 with a 17 grip. With modular designs, you can have exactly what you want, and the manufacturers and accessory makers sell a lot more hardware.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just shot mine today. Very soft shooting compared to my SAS. The gold spectre comp controls weren’t doin it for me. In looking at the grip, it is about 4-5mm wider. They did a nice job overall. Wish the offer the older SAS pots with real sights. Not quit sold on the SAS sights, at least the rear mounted ones. The front sight one seem brighter as it has light entering on all side and the top.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    G19 may be "The Gold Standard" for people with small to medium sized hands.

For myself, with XXL hands a G19 leaves my pinky hanging off without a magwell or mag extension.

The pinky is the strongest part of the grip (has the most leverage) and plays a SIGNIFICANT role in shooting effectively in terms of both speed and accuracy. So no pinky engagement is unacceptable for me.

While I'm biased by my hand size, both my agency and others have conducted testing involving a broad spectrum of people / hand sizes and found (no surprise) that there was a notable difference in performance with service length (G17/45) length grips vs compact (G19) length grips. Despite being a plainclothes agency, we would up with a SIG Carry (G45) sized pistol instead of the compact (G19 sized) pistol we originally intended to adopt based on the performance delta between them among non-dedicated shooters.
    That's definitely worth noting being an improvement for folks with larger hands but the problem I see is that if they do not give the minimum G19 size to the 'other half' of the population then they give up concealment. It's much easier to throw in a Magwell to get the extra length than it is to chop frames and such. Think about these smaller folks if they want to add a magwell, they'd have to be crazy if they're going to conceal it.

User Tag List