Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1162

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

FDEZ-3

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Interested to hear what you think. I like the idea of more room for my support hand, but personally I can't look at pictures and understand how it wouldn't change my index
    1) the FDEZ-3 does not change the grip angle for me compared to a factory medium.

2) dry firing, I like it as it gives me more real estate for my support hand.

3) I am just back from live firing it. I set up a few drills, drawing to a two inch square, shooting three progressively smaller circles on a Max Michel target, and doing some doubles to assess splitting ability.

On the first two drills, even though the gun felt different with the hump of the -3, I didn't note a measurable difference in my performance. In the doubles, I was measurably faster with the OEM medium installed. In addition, the bottom of the hump started to hurt the base of my palm on my strong hand.

So considering the shooting results and the pain, I am sticking with the factory back strap.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) the FDEZ-3 does not change the grip angle for me compared to a factory medium.

2) dry firing, I like it as it gives me more real estate for my support hand.

3) I am just back from live firing it. I set up a few drills, drawing to a two inch square, shooting three progressively smaller circles on a Max Michel target, and doing some doubles to assess splitting ability.

On the first two drills, even though the gun felt different with the hump of the -3, I didn't note a measurable difference in my performance. In the doubles, I was measurably faster with the OEM medium installed. In addition, the bottom of the hump started to hurt the base of my palm on my strong hand.

So considering the shooting results and the pain, I am sticking with the factory back strap.
    Think the FDEZ-2 would eliminate the hotspot?

Site Supporter
    There are some mentions of macro modules cut to xl or x length. Has anyone tried a cut macro and liked it less?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Think the FDEZ-2 would eliminate the hotspot?
    I am not sure, but I am so happy with how the regular macro grip module works for me that I am reluctant to invest more time and money messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not sure, but I am so happy with how the regular macro grip module works for me that I am reluctant to invest more time and money messing around.

I love the FDEZ #3 and prefer it over the Macro OEM backstraps, I guess a lot depend on your hand size and your overall grip preference. Different strokes for different folks and having more options can be a good thing for some people.

Re: the discussion back on p.100 about torque wrenches for low settings.

I bought a FIRSTINFO torque screwdriver that has a range of 2-12 in-lbs, and which has worked great so far for those fasteners that are in that range (such as a zero hold).

This one: https://www.amazon.com/FIRSTINFO-Pre...59&sr=8-1&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    There are some mentions of macro modules cut to xl or x length. Has anyone tried a cut macro and liked it less?
    If you get a full grip on an xl frame imo you will like it more

If your hands are bigger than the xl.frame I can see why it may be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I love the FDEZ #3 and prefer it over the Macro OEM backstraps, I guess a lot depend on your hand size and your overall grip preference. Different strokes for different folks and having more options can be a good thing for some people.
    That is the beauty of the back straps, we are ability to easily change the size and shape of the grip module to get what works best for our hands.

thanks for the info on taking off the optic (ROMEO-X).

The left screw was TIGHT however the right screw was just snug.

The extractor roll pin was high and marked up the bottom of the optic.

I will tap it flush.

fixed

and made sure it did not interfere with the slide rail.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 01-12-2024 at 12:22 AM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

365, 365 XL and 365/PMM chrono data

YVK and I were discussing 365 barrels and velocity, and I agreed to use my new Garmin chrono to check velocities with 124 Lawman and 124+P Gold Dot. Here is what I got, at about 700 feet above sea level on a 60F day, for a three shot average with each load.

3.7 XL length barrel
    124 Lawman 1,105 fps
    124 Gold Dot (all Gold Dot was +P) 1,145 fps

3.1 OEM barrel
    124 Lawman 1,057 fps
    124 Gold Dot 1,079

PMM barrel and comp that is same overall length as an XL
    124 Lawman 1,055 fps
    124 Gold dot 1,104 fps

Anyone have thoughts on these velocities and Gold Dot performance, and is there any meaningful difference within this velocity envelope?

User Tag List