Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Finally got to shoot my home-brew cut-down Macro grip with Razorback insert. Shoots like a stock G19 now, much less flippy in my big hands.

Had a "rapid unscheduled disassembly" of my EPS Carry battery tray due to forgetting to loctite the screw, but had a spare EPS carry on hand. Otherwise really happy with this combo.

Site Supporter
    Is the chopped macro frame that much bigger around? I know it is slightly larger but I have never shot a Macro to know how much better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Is the chopped macro frame that much bigger around? I know it is slightly larger but I have never shot a Macro to know how much better it is.
    Persoanlly like it much more and I have small to medium hands. Macro with large backstrap is perfect

Because of the drop in FCU you can configure the P365 anyway *you* want it. This P365XL is currently getting a Monsoon Tactical Hel port job done to it. Other than that it will be getting an Armory Craft extended slide release and hopefully at some point in the near future a little larger manual thumb safety lever and it will be pretty much complete.

Last edited by Biggy; 05-11-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think that’s just adspeak - the capacities are the same between the two models. But I agree, I’m very curious about the MS. I’m hoping a Macro grip module and magazines would work for me on my XL.
    If you want a macro frame with a manual safety and/or a p365 manual safety give me a shout. Have a frame being picked up tomorrow (I ordered the wrong gun)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Because of the drop in FCU you can configure the P365 anyway *you* want it. This P365XL is currently getting a Monsoon Tactical Hel port job done to it. Other than that it will be getting an Armory Craft extended slide release and hopefully at some point in the near future a little larger manual thumb safety lever and it will be pretty much complete.

If you are going to carry a small pistol like that, I think you need a larger knife!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you are going to carry a small pistol like that, I think you need a larger knife!
    You know I think you’re right, seeing my last name is Rambo. LOL !!

Site Supporter
    Saw a SIG factory non comp Macro with manual safety yesterday at my LGS.

https://dkfirearms.com/product/sig-s...manual-safety/

SKU 365XCA-9-BXR3-MS

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Interesting. Let me know if they rectify the issue and how they do so.

I assume you’re not running a light on yours?
    I got my gun back from Sig last week. Pretty quick turnaround. All they did was replace the magazines that I had sent with the gun (I sent both mags that I had). Got it out to the range over the weekend and so far so good. Ran probably 150 fmj and 2 mags of 147 gr HST with no issues.

Not sure if I just got unlucky with getting 2 bad mags or if there's another problem with the gun that will reveal itself in a future range trip. If it's the former I'm wondering if the mag design is just inherently less reliable given how many rounds they're trying to cram in such a small package. Compared to my old mags, the new ones are very difficult to seat when loaded to full capacity. I don't remember my original mags being this hard to seat even when brand new.

I'll keep shooting it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I got my gun back from Sig last week. Pretty quick turnaround. All they did was replace the magazines that I had sent with the gun (I sent both mags that I had). Got it out to the range over the weekend and so far so good. Ran probably 150 fmj and 2 mags of 147 gr HST with no issues.

Not sure if I just got unlucky with getting 2 bad mags or if there's another problem with the gun that will reveal itself in a future range trip. If it's the former I'm wondering if the mag design is just inherently less reliable given how many rounds they're trying to cram in such a small package. Compared to my old mags, the new ones are very difficult to seat when loaded to full capacity. I don't remember my original mags being this hard to seat even when brand new.

I'll keep shooting it and see what happens.
    Hmmm. Wondering if they changed the follower to feed 147 jhp better? Any chance you could disassemble one of the new mags and post a pic of the follower?

If not, I understand.

Knowing Sig it wouldn’t surprise me that they quietly changed something.

Regards.

User Tag List