Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Sig 365 X Macro Tacops review

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I wish they had gone for a 15 round grip. There's a large gap between 12 round grips and 17 round grips. That's the sweet spot for me too...
    Totally get it that a full-length, 15rrd mid-sized grip is your sweet spot.

But wondering, because I'm interested in trying this with my own XL's: Have you tried the 15rd mags? Haven't seen much discussion about whether those are reliable, and what they do to your grip overall.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post

But wondering, because I'm interested in trying this with my own XL's: Have you tried the 15rd mags? Haven't seen much discussion about whether those are reliable, and what they do to your grip overall.
    Isn't the beauty of the 17 round mags that they are almost the same size as the 15 round mags?

Name:  B6BC1DF8-CB97-4BCB-B002-7FA4D8D21D56.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  69.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The thing is that the 17-round mags are a new internal design so it's not quite the same equivalence as the older 15 round mags. If Sig did a 15-round mag using the new design, it'd be shorter than the previous 15-rounders. However, seeing as Sig is a marketing driven company, it makes sense for them to leapfrog the Glock 19 and market the 17-rd capacity. How many Youtubers and gunfluencers did we hear espousing the 17-rds in a tiny pistol? Of course, we all know that the Macro grip is actually slightly longer than the Glock 19, but hype sells.

Site Supporter

Did they discontinue the 15 round magazines? No backorder on Midway, and not listed on SIG Sauer's website. I wonder if they decided to put all their eggs in a 17 round basket.

Site Supporter
    Also, isn't the XMacro (and TACOPS) limited to no manual safeties due to the nature of the grip-frame?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Isn't the beauty of the 17 round mags that they are almost the same size as the 15 round mags?

Name:  B6BC1DF8-CB97-4BCB-B002-7FA4D8D21D56.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  69.1 KB

A valid point, hadn't seen them side-by-side like that and don't have any 15rd myself. Last week I ordered one of the Macro grips and two 17rd mags, so I'll soon get to try out that configuration with one of my XL slides. But I'd been curious for a while what it would be like with the 15rd mags in an XL for concealability. Doesn't look like it'd make much difference.

ETA, still wondering if using the 17rd mag with a spacer in a regular XL, does anything to your grip and reliability. Will find out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Did they discontinue the 15 round magazines? No backorder on Midway, and not listed on SIG Sauer's website. I wonder if they decided to put all their eggs in a 17 round basket.
    You can still see a few out there (here's one place), but yeah they're getting rare. Like you said, seems likely they're going for 17 as the new 15.

You can still see a few out there (here's one place), but yeah they're getting rare. Like you said, seems likely they're going for 17 as the new 15.
    Which is honestly a shame for us folks who are from or travel to Colorado. Or any other state with a 15 round mag cap law. But oh well, I'll be rocking the 10 round mags when I go see my family.

My hope is that they are temporarily shifting manufacturing focus to the 17 round mags. Then down the road making more 15 round magazines after supply has caught up to demand. Hopefully good sense prevails at Sig because I think more options are better than fewer in terms of mag capacity.
    Lacking Gravitas

User Tag List