Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    EPS Carry on old style slide

https://imgur.com/a/zuzrsOR
    Does the rear sight notch shoot to POA as with the 507K ?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Does the rear sight notch shoot to POA as with the 507K ?
    It will with a different holdover the rear sight notch is shorter than the 507k.

With practice able to hit slow headshots at 20, but pretty challenging.

Up close big target I use the housing

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Rich:

They are hidden:

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...tile-base-pad/

You need to order the spring separately. They only add 3 rounds but have a little play and lock in easily, so some tweaking might get to 21. Taran mentioned +4 in his review of the Macro. They could be longer, they are easily sub 140mm.
    The TT mag extensions I ordered finally came in.

Name:  IMG_1875.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  96.4 KB

A few observations.

I assembled the first one with one of the "TTI Versatile Extra Power" springs (part no. BM9-00s) but when I did that, I was only able to get 17 rounds in (?). I sat and stared at it for a while, thinking, why did I bother. So I took that one apart again, and assembled it with the original spring, sans locking base part. This time I was able to put in 20 rounds, albeit the 20th only went it with some persuasion from my Maglula.

I assembled the second one, also with the original spring, and was able to get 20 in that one too. But there's no way 21 would go it.

Still, 20 rounds is what I expected so I will leave them sit, loaded for a few days then go shoot them. I had gotten a couple more for backups, so the plan would be to use 2 20 rounders for a stage and then have 2 17 rounders as backup/final reloads...

Final note: when I removed the first mag with the extra power spring, the spring was bent like a banana. I am wondering if I buggered something up when I put it in, or started the rounds in. @Norville, I am assuming you used the TTI springs, correct? I may have to go re look at this if so.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-14-2023 at 04:37 PM.

I’m going to pass on the Macro but I love the mags! Perfect reload!

https://imgur.com/a/jElynIB

Name:  74BA1A71-DAD0-4232-B093-9F13008E9C98.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  73.0 KB

I passed the 500 round mark today. No stoppages using FMJ Blazer, Fiocchi, HST, etc.

Gun seems to eat and eat. I did fully load all mags and let them sit for a few days when it first arrived. Ejection is strong and consistent and accuracy is top notch. I ran a FBI 50 round qual on timer today just to see how we work together.

Name:  14BA28F4-7F04-4D55-AFB0-48E1D3110B63.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  29.8 KB

I’m running low one’s from concealment at 4 o’clock and ran a .96 as the quickest so that’s right where I am with larger pistols like the G45/17s. I’m able to run the dueling tree at 25 yards and hit several of the small plates SHO @25.

It’s got a #6 front which gives it a combat hold so I’ll probably get a #8 soon and then group on some B8s. I do find that I push shots slightly left due to the tiny grip.

Name:  8F9311DA-2FA3-4359-9E47-34F12FC94B80.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  20.1 KB

It’s got this little gap on the mag well and I can feel it move during draws and firing. Not a big deal but if/when WC develops a grip, I’ll probably grab one.

Excellent little pistol. Carries like a little gun while shooting like a large gun.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    It’s got this little gap on the mag well and I can feel it move during draws and firing. Not a big deal but if/when WC develops a grip, I’ll probably grab one.
    Two easy solutions for that:

1. E6000 or silicone caulk in the gap.
    2. Heat gun or brûlée torch with the magwell off to flare the bottom and then put the magwell back on.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Final note: when I removed the first mag with the extra power spring, the spring was bent like a banana. I am wondering if I buggered something up when I put it in, or started the rounds in. @Norville, I am assuming you used the TTI springs, correct? I may have to go re look at this if so.
    I went and dissassembled them after dinner, and reassembled both with the Extra Power Springs. 20 rounds went in more or less easily. Maybe it was a case of the spring just needing to be compressed once. At any rate, they are all loaded up now, so will give them a go soon as I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Two easy solutions for that:

1. E6000 or silicone caulk in the gap.
    2. Heat gun or brûlée torch with the magwell off to flare the bottom and then put the magwell back on.
    I’ve got a set of Talons on the way. I think they will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I went and dissassembled them after dinner, and reassembled both with the Extra Power Springs. 20 rounds went in more or less easily. Maybe it was a case of the spring just needing to be compressed once. At any rate, they are all loaded up now, so will give them a go soon as I get a chance.
    The TTI spring holds 20 for me, with enough play to lock in easily.

Between Covid and the weather I haven’t been able to function test them.

IMHO, while the MACRO’s grip frame is pretty good, I think Wilson Combat might be able to do the ergo’s and grip texture a little better. Hopefully we see a MACRO grip frame from Wilson Combat sometime in the next three months. As for any add on magwell for the current MACRO grip frame, I will have to pass on it, as it just adds just a little too much bulk to the end of an already long grip *for me* and makes the rare stuck/ jammed mag much harder to remove.

User Tag List