Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter

365X PMM X Micro JTTC Comp/X Macro Grip Frankenpistol

So I have a PMM X Micro JTTC Comp on the way as well as a SIG X Macro Grip. Once they arrive I plan to mate them to my 365x with Holosun 407K2 to create my SIGPMMJTTCXMACROFRANKENPISTOL. I have 2 17 round mags and 6 15 round mags. Once everything arrives I'll check the 15 round baseplates to see how to trim them to use as training mags. I'll post pics and descriptions/details of the modding of the baseplates of the 15 round mags to use with the Macro grip module. And of course a range report....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    The thing is that the 17-round mags are a new internal design so it's not quite the same equivalence as the older 15 round mags. If Sig did a 15-round mag using the new design, it'd be shorter than the previous 15-rounders. However, seeing as Sig is a marketing driven company, it makes sense for them to leapfrog the Glock 19 and market the 17-rd capacity. How many Youtubers and gunfluencers did we hear espousing the 17-rds in a tiny pistol? Of course, we all know that the Macro grip is actually slightly longer than the Glock 19, but hype sells.
    Just wait till the longslide XXL Macro debuts. Soontm

I've heard some rumor of corrosion issues with the magazines. Anyone run into this issue??

Yes. I run with my P365 and sweat a lot. After every run I have to wipe down the gun and mags with EEZox or they will rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I've heard some rumor of corrosion issues with the magazines. Anyone run into this issue??

Site Supporter
    Is sig cost cutting regarding the finish? On a huge selling product (365)?

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    Is sig cost cutting regarding the finish? On a huge selling product (365)?
    No, blued magazines are common though can rust. H&K magazines are better for the money though, whatever they coat them with is awesome to protect...

Site Supporter
    I’ve been carrying SIGs for work since the mid 1990s. SIG’s blued /Parkerized mags (and guns) have always been prone to rust. This is nothing new.

What’s new is people are used to Glock style minimal maintenance requirements.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Also, isn't the XMacro (and TACOPS) limited to no manual safeties due to the nature of the grip-frame?
    No.

The first LE / non ported Macros SIG showed at trade shows had a manual safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No.

The first LE / non ported Macros SIG showed at trade shows had a manual safety.
    Was it the standard p365 safety or something new?

Hopefully at some point they release a slightly larger/wider safety.

Is it recommended to pre-treat 365 mags with a corrosion protectant that stays dry-ish and doesn't attract grit and gunk? I've never had to do that with other mags (Glock, M&P, CZ, 1911, etc).

User Tag List