Page 111 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1162

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    At liberty, yes, can I remember, no…..

The Google machine says it’s a company called tactical development.

SIG has done a fairly good job adopting aftermarket parts. There’s a company based here in San Antonio called Empire, which makes the magazine well SIG sells for the 365 XL grip.
    Sig really has been smart about that

Taylor Freelance Backstrap

Got my Taylor Freelance backstrap (brass w/black finish)for my Macro. Have not shot it yet. Quality of workmanship is very good. Finish is uniform and complete; note the backstrap finish matches the frame color well. In some pictures on Taylor's website, the strap looked almost greenish. It is not. Threaded for the Macro magwell. Very tight on the gun, in a good way. Be warned...I thought I would put it on 'to see' and then pull it off. It's on tight and I didn't want to start prying on the parts to get it off. Reinstalling the locking pin took measurably more firmness than with the stock polymer backstraps. I prefer the large backstrap, and this is roughly medium+ size...I am happy with the feel.
    I am looking forward to shooting it...I can see how the weight, especially low on the grip, may influence the recoil through the pistol. I also wonder about the harmonics of a brass backstrap on the back of a polymer frame. My Macro in hand (with the Armory craft levers) feels good...feels like a different gun with the backstrap because of the weight. Is this a "Stack a toe CSig"? Maybe it's close. This bump's it up in my search for the 'I can only shoot and manipulate with one arm' gun, pending actual shooting. I also have started having thoughts of ordering another one...and another one to butcher as part of a Macro XL-chop job. I could see it making a nice difference with that...

Name:  IMG_9628.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  62.1 KBName:  IMG_9629.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  101.9 KBName:  IMG_9630.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  100.8 KBName:  IMG_9631.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  101.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    Got my Taylor Freelance backstrap (brass w/black finish)for my Macro. Have not shot it yet. Quality of workmanship is very good. Finish is uniform and complete; note the backstrap finish matches the frame color well. In some pictures on Taylor's website, the strap looked almost greenish. It is not. Threaded for the Macro magwell. Very tight on the gun, in a good way. Be warned...I thought I would put it on 'to see' and then pull it off. It's on tight and I didn't want to start prying on the parts to get it off. Reinstalling the locking pin took measurably more firmness than with the stock polymer backstraps. I prefer the large backstrap, and this is roughly medium+ size...I am happy with the feel.
    I am looking forward to shooting it...I can see how the weight, especially low on the grip, may influence the recoil through the pistol. I also wonder about the harmonics of a brass backstrap on the back of a polymer frame. My Macro in hand (with the Armory craft levers) feels good...feels like a different gun with the backstrap because of the weight. Is this a "Stack a toe CSig"? Maybe it's close. This bump's it up in my search for the 'I can only shoot and manipulate with one arm' gun, pending actual shooting. I also have started having thoughts of ordering another one...and another one to butcher as part of a Macro XL-chop job. I could see it making a nice difference with that...

Name:  IMG_9628.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  62.1 KBName:  IMG_9629.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  101.9 KBName:  IMG_9630.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  100.8 KBName:  IMG_9631.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  101.1 KB
    If you chop one for a macro xl let me know how that goes!

Been hesitant to dremel.one lol

You guys beat me to posting this.

Macro with a regular medium back strap.

Name:  IMG_7246.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  58.3 KB

With the Taylor Freelance weighted back strap.

Name:  IMG_7248.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.1 KB

I shot with the weighted back strap for the first time today -- definitely recommended!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I thought the Macro frames were not compatible with manual safeties?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xmacro...bly-black.html

Sig makes one from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    You can buy Macro grip modules from Sig cut for the MS . My 365 started out as an MS variant of the 365XL. I bought the module in the pics when they became available. As mentioned previously, there are also Macro variants sold with the MS.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You guys beat me to posting this.

Macro with a regular medium back strap.

Name:  IMG_7246.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  58.3 KB

With the Taylor Freelance weighted back strap.

Name:  IMG_7248.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.1 KB

I shot with the weighted back strap for the first time today -- definitely recommended!
    What are the primary benefits you are seeing with the weighted backstrap? Waiting for a black one to come back in stock

First shots with the Taylor Backstrap on my Macro frame today. I like it a lot. Dot returns to target in a more consistent manner. Gun is smoother and less disruptive in my grip. I have to use what I consider excessive pressure to ensure good contact with the gun so it doesn't swim in recoil; the heavier backstrapped frame feels smoother on follow up shots than the polymer backstops did and I am ready to shoot quicker. My one critique is that I would have preferred a size option equivalent to the 'L' polymer backstrap(what I used previously). All that said, IMO this is worth the cost and I will put them on any other Macro frames I get. I may hold off on doing a chop...I shot this back to back with my Boresight Razorback+Katana Magwell(That is a great combination...really locks into my grip) which is my usual carry with 15 rounders. I don't think a 'Heavy Chop' will beat that combo.
    I also shot it alongside a 1st Gen XCarry, G17-5, and 226SAO. The Macro, even with the backstrap, of course does not equal any of those guns but the heavier strap brings its performance much closer and it wasn't the odd man out. Side note - I continue to be pleased with the Armory Craft Safety levers. Because of the smaller diameter grip, the Macro doesn't get the 'mini-Commander' feel for me, so maybe it's not a Stack a toe CSig, but it is its own 'good thing'.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    While I am enjoying the Macro and can hide it well, it’s hard to argue against a chopped macro with magguts mags at 14+1 and hides under anything
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Have the magguts worked well for you and through how many rounds?

Always been curious on them
    Bumping this because I never saw an answer and I just bought both a Macro and an X. I am curious about the MagGuts too.

User Tag List