Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

I just looked at our Spectre Comp, which I believe is similar to the upper on the macro, and the EPS Carry fits flush. Is this some Macros, all of them, or something else?

Name:  58F92CFC-D6AA-4BCE-8510-0259C53A7A06.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  56.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My Holosun EPS carry fits on the new style P365 XL slide with just enough room to seat it into the optic cut on the slide. With the two recoil bosses that the optic mounting bolts screw into I wouldn't be concerned about it going anywhere. I would compare the OAL of both optics, and I think you might get your answer.

Last edited by Biggy; 09-07-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just looked at our Spectre Comp, which I believe is similar to the upper on the macro, and the EPS Carry fits flush. Is this some Macros, all of them, or something else?

Hey neat! I have a complete macro slide I wanted to sell but this looks nice!

There is overhang on my XL slide

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
    Picked up a macro and installed a 407k. Has anyone had issues with the 407k not sitting flush on the slide? I punched the roll pin down flush, thought that may have been the issue. But there is still a gap at the front of the optic and the slide. I've reinstalled the optic twice with the correct torque specs per holosun, and still no joy. It seems to be holding zero fine, but it doesn't inspire confidence. Contacted holosun will see how they respond.
    Attachment 94006Attachment 94007Attachment 94008
    That is interesting. I don't have any issues with a few 407k, 507k, and eps carry

Curious if it is a holosun issue or Sig, or just tolerance stacking issue?
    Oof. Ya I wonder if it was a certain run of macro slides. My xl slides do not have this issue with 407ks. Sample of 2

I had this, and driving the extractor pin below flush corrected it. Added E6000 for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

This shows the EPS Carry vestigial notch isn’t particularly useful with original height sights. Good to know, my EPS Carry isn’t here yet.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I had this, and driving the extractor pin below flush corrected it. Added E6000 for insurance.
    Where did you add the E6000 too?

Where did you add the E6000 too?
    Two small drops on the slide ahead of the screws near the EPS lettering, @JCN has a picture in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=E6000

In the old days I used “Shoe Goo” under the RMR battery.

I'm currently carrying a MACRO and have a second one with light and no red dot that's for HD (I tend to buy two of things I like since "2 is 1" as they say).

Three recent discoveries:

1) Fdez Werx is now offering P365 and XL barrels without the LCI notch. I've been asking for this and think it should help stop the lens from getting smoked.

2) I want irons that I can see well, but that aren't too tall, which seems difficult to find with the 365 guns...so far, I think this (Saurez/Dawson) pair works best for height, but I still need to go the range and see about the POA/POI: the Suarez (::sigh: .240" P-series rear and then a Dawson .240" P-Series front sight--it gives a useful picture that won't stick up too high (I'm going to use the green fiber optic as I don't want two red dots). I kinda do wish the Dawson was .115" wide, but it's .125".

3) I'm sure most of you AIWB guys already know this, but I just got a holster with a mod-wing (I've never tried the mod-wing because I assumed a smaller footprint was more comfortable). But this holster (from a place called Rock'n'Guns holsters, which sounds cheesy, but it's amazing and priced right) is amazing. I wear it at 2-2:30 and I'm a hefty dude, but the mod-wing really does tuck the grip against me, and because it's such a long grip, it's easy to draw.
    --

NOTE: I also had to knock my extractor pin down flush in order to get my optic to mount perfectly flush...but it was fine after that.

THOUGHTS:
    -- Like some others, I wish the mag was flush and held 15-16rds (not a fan of it sticking out, but thankfully my holster hides it well even at 2:30).
    -- I like that SIG is going back to letting people have rear irons...I still tend to think putting them in front of the optic has more pros than cons (further from the chamber).
    -- The XL slide length is as long as I'd want in a CCW gun...so I'd only look at comps for the regular 365 (and even then, some are too big). I also don't want to have to mess with set screws. But if RADIAN comes out with a comp, I'd definitely put that on a regular 365 slide (radian does have tunable spring weights for the 19, so that may be needed for the 365s). I sold my CR920, but if the ramjet comes out for that first, I may have to try one because I shot the CR really well.

User Tag List