Page 52 of 117 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

I’ve set up a pair of XL uppers with Macro lowers and spent entirely too much money for the amount of mags I obtained. As above, I do not view these as a double stack 9 killer — they recoil more harshly and recover slower. This pistol is, however, what I wanted my G43X to be. The 43X/48 frame doesn’t work with my hand (my natural grip depresses the mag release) and I didn’t agree with the triggers. This pistol is similarly flat, similarly sized, similarly light — with a better trigger and an optic.

If the Macro has a thumb safety that works as well as on my compact and xl, then that’s a significant advantage over a Glock. I think the Glock trigger is better for both people Management and hitting things but I really like having a TS. It’s less for holstering safety — I trust a Glock with a gadget way more — but people management.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I’m hoping they come out with a slightly larger thumb safety on the Macro.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m hoping they come out with a slightly larger thumb safety on the Macro.
    I worked the xl effectively through 1000 rounds at gunsite. It’s functional. If you want a nice gun get a 1911; the 365 is a fairly functional plastic piece of crap, and that meets my expectations.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Tac Dev has them, ordered mine last week. Great addition imo.

Attachment 96607
    How has this setup been working for you? X slide with PMM comp on macro frame.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    How has this setup been working for you? X slide with PMM comp on macro frame.
    Absolutely love it. This gun is such an excellent shooter and the macro grip is so much better then the grip with the 365/XL. I had a Wilson combat grip that is great but the backstrap options are a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Absolutely love it. This gun is such an excellent shooter and the macro grip is so much better then the grip with the 365/XL. I had a Wilson combat grip that is great but the backstrap options are a home run.
    Excellent. I just got a Macro grip module in from Boresight today, going to run it through a few boxes of ammo tomorrow. The size is just a bit smaller than a G19 and fits my hand very well.

Name:  IMG_0253.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  90.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Bought a Macro to try, shot a qual course and grouping to the left consistently from 5-25 yards. Ran a few hundred rounds through it and I couldn’t get consistent head or center mass shots. Sights weren’t off for a few other shooters. I’m thinking it may be me and the trigger. I’m used to Glock and S&W MP (work issued). Ran my duty .45 with no problems. Disappointed thus far, but just my opinion, will revisit again.
    Revisit Completed: While off for a week, did some dry fire practice, worked on feeling out this flat trigger (no other carry guns with a flat trigger) and picking up those lower profile sights quicker. Changed out to the large back strap and hit the range on Monday. Couple hundred rounds of ball practice ammo and bit of Ranger carry ammo. No hiccups with the gun, fed all ammo fine, mags show a bit of wear now on the finish. Shot it way better this time, making consistent groups in head shots and body shots from 5-15 yards. My shots from 20-25 yards were much better, no extreme left grouping. Shot a Dept. qual and did just fine. 16 officers from a sister agency including their Chief are carrying the Macro now with varied round counts, some much higher than others without issues. Only one guy did not care for the trigger (Glock agency), some running red dot versus standard sights.

For me, I was liking it much better, debating with myself now if it will replace my G48-non MOS w/ Shield Arms + factory mags, more rounds on board, optic ready (hunting down a Holosun EPS) and light capable. My G19 kinda makes the G48 unnecessary. Tenicor holster works great for the Macro, carries very easy in the short amount of time I practiced drawing/dry fire. I'm thinking a Streamlight TLR 7A with a different key will fit on the rail and make it a nice small WML light capable package. Still need to vet it further and decide the role it fits for me....good info and input here as always from the varied shooters present here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Revisit Completed: While off for a week, did some dry fire practice, worked on feeling out this flat trigger (no other carry guns with a flat trigger) and picking up those lower profile sights quicker. Changed out to the large back strap and hit the range on Monday. Couple hundred rounds of ball practice ammo and bit of Ranger carry ammo. No hiccups with the gun, fed all ammo fine, mags show a bit of wear now on the finish. Shot it way better this time, making consistent groups in head shots and body shots from 5-15 yards. My shots from 20-25 yards were much better, no extreme left grouping. Shot a Dept. qual and did just fine. 16 officers from a sister agency including their Chief are carrying the Macro now with varied round counts, some much higher than others without issues. Only one guy did not care for the trigger (Glock agency), some running red dot versus standard sights.

For me, I was liking it much better, debating with myself now if it will replace my G48-non MOS w/ Shield Arms + factory mags, more rounds on board, optic ready (hunting down a Holosun EPS) and light capable. My G19 kinda makes the G48 unnecessary. Tenicor holster works great for the Macro, carries very easy in the short amount of time I practiced drawing/dry fire. I'm thinking a Streamlight TLR 7A with a different key will fit on the rail and make it a nice small WML light capable package. Still need to vet it further and decide the role it fits for me....good info and input here as always from the varied shooters present here
    I think you’re going to want the TLR7 SUB / Picatinny version rather than the standard TLR7A due to width.

Normal TLR-7A with -3 key works fine on my macro.

User Tag List