Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1162

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK and I were discussing 365 barrels and velocity, and I agreed to use my new Garmin chrono to check velocities with 124 Lawman and 124+P Gold Dot. Here is what I got, at about 700 feet above sea level on a 60F day, for a three shot average with each load.

3.7 XL length barrel
    124 Lawman 1,105 fps
    124 Gold Dot (all Gold Dot was +P) 1,145 fps

3.1 OEM barrel
    124 Lawman 1,057 fps
    124 Gold Dot 1,079

PMM barrel and comp that is same overall length as an XL
    124 Lawman 1,055 fps
    124 Gold dot 1,104 fps

Anyone have thoughts on these velocities and Gold Dot performance, and is there any meaningful difference within this velocity envelope?
    Thank you for the effort and posting this data. It really puts a quantitative ballistic perspective on the question of 3.1" Comped XMacro vs 3.7" XMacro.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Thank you for the effort and posting this data. It really puts a quantitative ballistic perspective on the question of 3.1" Comped XMacro vs 3.7" XMacro.
    Ditto, Very much appreciate the data!

Personally **I** like the P365 Macro XL size the best. I may be somewhat splitting hairs here, but I believe this size offers the best in overall reliability and shoot ability and I will take any extra velocity gain I can get with it’s 3.7” length barrel, seeing as many of today’s top tier defensive JHP seem to perform the best when shot out of around a 4 inch barrel. While most shooting occur within 25 ft, it’s still nice to know if the JHP ammo you are using will still open up and perform reliably at around 25 yds.

The cool thing about the 365 TacOps, is it comes with four magazines, and you can literally take it out of the box, bolt on an optic without a plate, and be done.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

G19Fan was kind enough to loan me one of his Macro grip modules, shortened to take 12 round XL magazines. Here is what it looks like.

Name:  IMG_6675.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6676.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  54.2 KB

Shooting it earlier today, it feels very close in performance to a regular Macro. Great work!

I propose that G19Fan changes his user name to P365TacOps.

Site Supporter
    G19Fan was kind enough to loan me one of his Macro grip modules, shortened to take 12 round XL magazines. Here is what it looks like.

Name:  IMG_6675.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6676.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  54.2 KB

Shooting it earlier today, it feels very close in performance to a regular Macro. Great work!

I propose that G19Fan changes his user name to P365TacOps.
    I am curious how much actual difference there is on a timer. Did you happen to shoot drills that are standard so you have macro vs. cut macro vs. xl?

ETA: or is it a level of concentration required and consistency difference?

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I am curious how much actual difference there is on a timer. Did you happen to shoot drills that are standard so you have macro vs. cut macro vs. xl?

I didn't do that.

I really like the full Macro, but I could see this over an XL as it feels better in my hands and would use Macro holsters.

I didn't do that.

I really like the full Macro, but I could see this over an XL as it feels better in my hands and would use Macro holsters.
    Exactly I really like the macro but will sometimes print with one.

Given that my wife carries and Xl decided to make them all the same length.

Feel.free to keep.playing with that framea while more

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post

Lots of guys here are better shooters than me but for me:

Cold Heat @ 5 yards from aiwb: 2.shots in under 2. First shot 1.5 ish for both. When warmed up can do 3 to.4 shots in the black in under 2 with either.

BPD on a B8 from aiwb: Macro usually 94+ Chopped macro 92 or 93+

Bill drill all alpha from aiwb.: Macro range 2.43 to 2.98 Chopped macro: 2.40 to 3.01

While I am enjoying the Macro and can hide it well, it’s hard to argue against a chopped macro with magguts mags at 14+1 and hides under anything

User Tag List