Page 24 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Someone posted this elsewhere. I can see the XL slide, PMM comp, and full size EPS being fun

Attachment 92937
    TFB had this very interesting setup posted a few days ago, which is also a cool setup along similar lines.

More then anything, this setup has made the P365 tempting:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-grip-modules/

Icarus Precision has introduced the ACE 365 EVO series of SIG P365 grip modules. The new EVO series currently includes two grip modules – ACE 365 XL EVO and ACE 365 PMM EVO. The XL EVO grip module has a dust cover flush fitting the length of a SIG P365 XL slide. The PMM EVO is designed to fit flush an XL length slide and PMM Gen 2 Micro JTTC compensator combo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sig FCU's are like Aimpoint micros and Glock 19 slides, no matter how many you have, you can always find a reason for a few more. When I was buying a few extra 320 Custom Works FCU's, I ended getting two 365 ones by mistake. Of course they are now in use, in some extra 365 grip modules we had around.
    This is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have heard others say they only use the thumb safety to holster, then disengage it. An extended 1911/2011 safety is pretty easy to disengage, how does the 365 thumb safety compare?
    Again, just trying to help and no snark.

I made this video for @HeavyDuty a few months ago.

That’s with a very broken in manual safety. It uses a detent on a spring kind of like a 1911.

It can be a little stiff initially. Some people grind the spring down a little (1-2 coils is usually enough).

I didn’t, but it certainly is reasonable to do.

I’m under the impression that some people use the safety like a Gadget and only use it for reholstering, otherwise treating it like a normal striker fired gun.

I think the most widely accepted use is like @breakingtime91 does. Kind of like an AR.

I kind of hybrid it a little and disengage the safety after I clear the holster and am safely pointed away from my body kind of nearing the compressed low ready. My thought being that my finger isn’t near the trigger just like any other single action gun I would run around on a stage with, so I’m comfortable disengaging the safety after it’s not pointed at me.
    Last edited by JCN; 08-14-2022 at 10:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    My brother may or may not have a brand new spare fcu. Can ask if interested
    I am, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sights on target safety off, sights off, safety on. I treat it like a 1911. After some use it works fine
    This is what I do, too. I’ve even considered chopping the offside safety levers to match my other safety equipped guns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    If this grip is longer than a G19, I'm not interested. That goes for any modern polymer gun. G19 is the *maximum* size gold-standard. That's why the original M&P lineup was so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    If this grip is longer than a G19, I'm not interested. That goes for any modern polymer gun. G19 is the *maximum* size gold-standard. That's why the original M&P lineup was so disappointing.
    Gotta say I agree here, these obnoxiously long frames are basically just like manufacturers dick measuring contests to see who can claim to have the most onboard rounds with flush fit magazines. It's designed with hype in mind, not functionality.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Gotta say I agree here, these obnoxiously long frames are basically just like manufacturers dick measuring contests to see who can claim to have the most onboard rounds with flush fit magazines. It's designed with hype in mind, not functionality.
    I *will* caveat my own statement now by saying that I will allow a longer grip for the following circumstances:
    1. Uniform (LEO/MIL) open carry
    2. Cold Weather/Gloved use
    3. Competition use (made to fit in a box)

None of those ever apply to me, or for probably 85% of pistol buyers, so these giraffe guns are not appealing.

Site Supporter
    While I certainly expect to pick up a module and magazine's,
    I'm thinking the Macro will be somewhere between my M&P
    2.0 C and P10C in grip length, both of which work well but
    I have no expectation of a Macro taking the place of an XL
    for daily carry, mine seems to hit the sweet spot for me.

Site Supporter
    #GiraffeGuns

Let’s make this happen! 🤣

User Tag List