Page 18 of 117 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    After years of questioning them on 9mm pistols, I have found comps to allow the 365 and G19 to punch above their weight class, especially when dot equipped.
    I've thought they were sort of superfluous for many years and never really strongly considered them on serious pistols not heavily tuned for competition. The new Afterburner/Ramjet combo will probably follow my home soon for my G19X but I must say I'm tempted to wait and see if they bring out P365 version in the near future as the next in the series. It would seem that might be the most popular behind the G19 models, so we'll see.

TTI 20 round extensions

Looks like TTI has +3 base pads to get to 20 if ProMag isn’t your thing!

More options for my goof around range version.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

Looks like TTI has +3 base pads to get to 20 if ProMag isn’t your thing!

More options for my goof around range version.
    So Taran estimates only around 15% less recoil / muzzle flip shooting the weapon light equipped Macro vs shooting the P365XL with no light, using the Winchester 124gr +P load. But he was loosing 70 FPS muzzle velocity from the factory comped Macro. Shooting standard pressure ammo you might only get a around a 10% recoil reduction. It doesn’t seem the factory slide comp is very efficient on the 3.1” barrel Macro. Also FYI, the Macro is .160” thinner in width than a Glock 26.
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-12-2022 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    So Taran estimates only around 15% less recoil / muzzle flip shooting the weapon light equipped Macro vs shooting the P365XL with no light, using the Winchester 124gr +P load. But he was loosing 70 FPS muzzle velocity from the factory comped Macro. Shooting standard pressure ammo you might only get a around a 10% recoil reduction. It doesn’t seem the factory slide comp is very efficient on the 3.1” barrel Macro.
    I think our Spectre Comp is closer to a stock barrel than to a PMM comp. That may make the Spectre function with lower power factor ammo. My bigger concern was the poor accuracy we observed with the Spectre Comp upper, compared to a regular 365/Xl/PMM barrel with our Spectre.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think our Spectre Comp is closer to a stock barrel than to a PMM comp. That may make the Spectre function with lower power factor ammo. My bigger concern was the poor accuracy we observed with the Spectre Comp upper, compared to a regular 365/Xl/PMM barrel with our Spectre.
    Have you experienced any issues with the PMM setup? I have a Macro inbound but would consider selling off the top end to fund an XL slide with a PMM comp. I would really want it to run 115 range ammo though and still be noticeably effective...asking a lot but I am considering trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Have you experienced any issues with the PMM setup? I have a Macro inbound but would consider selling off the top end to fund an XL slide with a PMM comp. I would really want it to run 115 range ammo though and still be noticeably effective...asking a lot but I am considering trying it.
    I don't have any experience with a PMM XL length barrel/comp. With the 365 length PMM barrel/comp, I get the sense that 115 range ammo is on the edge of reliability, depending upon power factor. I carry Gold Dot 124+P in my 365X/PMM. 115 AE has functioned, but it not low power factor 115.

The 365XL/PMM seems like an appropriate match to the Macro lower.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I can't speak to the Spectra comp set up but, from what I've
    learned so far, I'd have to say I have no interest in buying one.
    My PMM set up has been 100% reliable, to me...the barrel is
    at least as accurate as Sig's and the comp works.
    I guess I clean my carry gun more than some but, an extra
    .5" in length and no barrel removal is a little bit of a pain in the
    ass but no big deal given the velocity and shot cycle benefit's.
    Given the 365's option's / modularity (if that's a word) and at
    least, in my case reliability, I'd think it's hard to not buy / build
    a pistol that could mostly satisfy almost anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    You didn’t ask me, so if you’d rather not hear it from me I understand.

I have a PMM comp and the AC comp works better and has a longer, very accurate barrel (True Precision).

Name:  23D1E7D6-72FD-4566-B136-C63D35CC1ADA.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  32.1 KB

1” paster.

I’m currently running an XL slide with a True barrel and AC comp.

I plan on putting that on the Macro lower.

Name:  A81055AA-EC12-47BC-A25A-4CE4E727E5AE.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  41.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You didn’t ask me, so if you’d rather not hear it from me I understand.

I have a PMM comp and the AC comp works better and has a longer, very accurate barrel (True Precision).

Name:  23D1E7D6-72FD-4566-B136-C63D35CC1ADA.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  32.1 KB

1” paster.

I’m currently running an XL slide with a True barrel and AC comp.

I plan on putting that on the Macro lower.

Name:  A81055AA-EC12-47BC-A25A-4CE4E727E5AE.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  41.2 KB

Definitely appreciate your input as well! You've done more experimenting that likely everyone on this platform so very much appreciated!

From past experience, it’s easy to make a little concealable pistol not so concealable anymore if you are not careful. 🙀😂

User Tag List