Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1162

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    My Felo starts at 13 in-lb
    Real Avid Smart TORQ starts at 10 in-lb
    Wheeler FAT starts at 10 in-lb
    Wheeler Digital FAT starts at 15 in-lb
    Fix-it-sticks mini starts at 6, but the next increment is 10, so you'd have to guestimate.
    eBay is my favorite source for that, being careful on the sellers I choose of course. I usually look for professional tool brands (aka not "gun brands"), used, and preferably with some sort of calibration certification, or at least within a date range that gives you a good chance of getting something that's probably still in spec and hopefully not abused.

Seekonk is one brand I've had good success with. Preset torque drivers/wrenches/handles are a favorite. For example, here's a 9 in/lb preset "torque handle" (incidentally, works quite well for Glock front sight screws) from them for $40 used in perfect shape.

As an alternative, kind of pricey but high quality, there's the Wiha TorqueVario series screwdrivers. The #28413 is an adjustable 5-18 in/lb. Retail or MSRP is kind of ridiculous for those, but used you can find them for ~$100-130. Occasionally you can find a good deal, possibly on eBay. I think I ended up getting mine used in like new shape for ~$80.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    FDEZ-3 arrived. Snug to get on and I don't look forward to needing to remove it. My preliminary impressions are positive dry firing with it, and it gives me more real estate to build my grip with my support hand. Look forward to shooting it tomorrow.
    Interested to hear what you think. I like the idea of more room for my support hand, but personally I can't look at pictures and understand how it wouldn't change my index

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Interested to hear what you think. I like the idea of more room for my support hand, but personally I can't look at pictures and understand how it wouldn't change my index
    It did change my index but if you make the all the fdez 3 it will feel natural within a few hundred draws.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    It did change my index but if you make the all the fdez 3 it will feel natural within a few hundred draws.
    Thanks. Probably won't work for me then. The whole reason I went with 365 and now the Macro is because it points like my match guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Thanks. Probably won't work for me then. The whole reason I went with 365 and now the Macro is because it points like my match guns.
    Boresight large razorback has no index change for me. Fdez3 slightly better on recoil for me

Do the standard height irons on the newer slides with the separate rear sight and optics cut closer to the ejection port clear the Holosun 407k/507k and EPS Carry, or would one have to buy the version with suppressor height sights to have a useable iron sight picture?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Do the standard height irons on the newer slides with the separate rear sight and optics cut closer to the ejection port clear the Holosun 407k/507k and EPS Carry, or would one have to buy the version with suppressor height sights to have a useable iron sight picture?
    I prefer the old style but I believe irons clear based on one I owned before

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I think the new term is "low-witness". If you line up the factory irons through an EPS Carry, you can see about the top half of the front dot.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I think the new term is "low-witness". If you line up the factory irons through an EPS Carry, you can see about the top half of the front dot.

For.me this is ideal (or the old style)

Thanks guys. Those photos are very helpful. I have an XL with the suppressor height sights and would prefer shorter ones. Policy requires that sights be visible over the deck height of the optic. I’m planning to buy an additional gun, likely a Macro, this year. I’m waiting to see what additional optics are going to be added to the approved list. There’s a rumor going around that one of them might be a Holosun. If that ends up being the case, I’ll definitely get the standard height irons.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List