Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1162

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The best answer I can give, which I know will not be satisfactory, is that I do not know. I have bought some complete Macro pistols, but also cobbled together a number more by moving the FCU from an XL grip module, and putting it in a Macro grip module. Most of our 365 pistols are pretty low round count, excepting two Macros I have shot a lot (which were not this one).

Unlike 320 FCU's that we use in competition guns, our practice has been to leave 365 modules completely stock, since these are carry guns. My wife and I decided we want to send this back to Sig, rather than try to fix it, like we would with a 320. First time we have had a 365 fail.
    PS:66F7 are the first four numbers of the FCU if that helps with the date of manufacture.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

While shooting my 365 Macro this afternoon, the gun stopped working properly. It was feeding cartridges, the striker felt like it was releasing, but the round wasn't firing. The cartridge had no mark on the primer. The trigger pull weight also felt lighter.

Initially, I thought I might have a broken striker. I then switched slides with my carry gun, and it still wouldn't fire. I switched to the lower from my carry gun, and everything functioned properly.

Back at home, the Wheeler gauge said the trigger pull was now two pounds lighter. After removing the FCU, we can see part 29 is broken, and I believe not depressing the firing pin block. Will call Sig in the morning.

Attachment 116723
    Have had this happen where a new fcu came in from a ffl missing that part. If that part breaks or was not reinstalled properly this will happen

A new part 29 installed properly fixed my issue

Site Supporter
    I feel similarly on a 365 FCU, I wanted to swap out a curved trigger to a straight , considered just doing it myself but opted to stop at the Sig store in Exeter, it cost me about $65 installed while I waited, right around what the trigger with shipping would have cost, which was less than than our seafood lunch but it made for a enjoyable mid day drive. I've got one curved trigger left in a standard size WC module that I think will be changed to a straight as well.

Back at home, the Wheeler gauge said the trigger pull was now two pounds lighter. After removing the FCU, we can see part 29 is broken, and I believe not depressing the firing pin block. Will call Sig in the morning.

Attachment 116723
    Well. If nothing else it tells you that the firing pin safety spring contributes about 2# to the trigger. Not surprising I guess, people have been polishing and rounding off those parts in Glock or M&P trigger jobs for awhile. Probably conntributes significantly to the vaguely LEM-ish "wall" in the 365 trigger.

You could probably go a long way toward improving that by just modifying slide parts and leaving the FCU stock (once its fixed). Which kind of brings to mind that... I know... these triggers are light and not at all heavy, but has anyone used a service like Gray Guns that does a PTFE coating after normal action work? Would it soften the "wall" in the action similar to lighter FPB springs in a LEM HK?

I know I wouldn't want the trigger to be any lighter for a carry gun. But that vague two-stagey wall is about as annoying as a stock V2 LEM to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Well. If nothing else it tells you that the firing pin safety spring contributes about 2# to the trigger. Not surprising I guess, people have been polishing and rounding off those parts in Glock or M&P trigger jobs for awhile. Probably conntributes significantly to the vaguely LEM-ish "wall" in the 365 trigger.

You could probably go a long way toward improving that by just modifying slide parts and leaving the FCU stock (once its fixed). Which kind of brings to mind that... I know... these triggers are light and not at all heavy, but has anyone used a service like Gray Guns that does a PTFE coating after normal action work? Would it soften the "wall" in the action similar to lighter FPB springs in a LEM HK?

I know I wouldn't want the trigger to be any lighter for a carry gun. But that vague two-stagey wall is about as annoying as a stock V2 LEM to me.
    It reminds me of like a Gen 5 Glock trigger or many modified Glock triggers, where you have take up, soft wall, and then a rolling double action esque break of decent distance. I personally like Glock triggers, but they aren’t no glass rod break single action or firm wall/ short clean break.

What’s the point of the safety compromise of a single action striker trigger if the pull is gonna feel like a decent Glock trigger anyway?

Spoke to Sig and they wanted the whole pistol back. My FCU serial number, per them, corresponded to a recently purchased TacOps Macro -- meaning relatively recent manufacture and 500 or less rounds.

I can't unsee this duck on the back of my tacops now.

A friend of mine just bought (or ordered), a new polymer, Icarus macro grip module. I wasn't aware of their polymer offerings, what is the word on these?

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I can't unsee this duck on the back of my tacops now.

https://osagecountyguns.com/apparel/...5xl-qty-8.html

Also on eBay.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I feel similarly on a 365 FCU, I wanted to swap out a curved trigger to a straight , considered just doing it myself but opted to stop at the Sig store in Exeter, it cost me about $65 installed while I waited, right around what the trigger with shipping would have cost, which was less than than our seafood lunch but it made for a enjoyable mid day drive. I've got one curved trigger left in a standard size WC module that I think will be changed to a straight as well.
    Be interested in your curved trigger if you plan to sell it.

User Tag List