Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    He also tends to run the firearms severally dry. Guns, like all machine need lubrication for thr most part. He seems to think guns should run dry. I get that people want that to be true but in my experience it isn't.
    He's not the only one. I see youtubers doing "out of the box" reviews who flatly state that they aren't going to lube or do anything to the gun before the go shoot it.

Ported? Why did it have to be ported?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    He's not the only one. I see youtubers doing "out of the box" reviews who flatly state that they aren't going to lube or do anything to the gun before the go shoot it.
    I'm old school, started with 1911's, clean, inspect
    and cycle a new gun, run em on the wet side, some
    more so than others, load new mags and let em sit...
    Overkill I'm sure but, it's pretty rare I have a new
    gun that doesn't run

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Maybe there will be a larger safety lever option that comes out of this
    I dont mind the factory slim one but I agree. The fact that no one has come up with one yet is interesting. Also I hope they update whatever they finish the trigger, slide release, mag release, and safeties in. I have managed to rust one pretty good this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    If these run, which I’m certain they will, I could see myself consolidating down to two of these, two XLs, and two P365Xs.
    Someone, please make a not of this, so we can follow up!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    The porting on this isn’t the same as porting on C model glocks, thr barre is shorter than the slide and the expansion chamber is built into the slide. Doesn’t work as well as traditional porting or comps, but it’s more reliable than comps and doesn’t throw out the same kind of debris that porting does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Probably because it sells. The masses still bought the SAS too...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I already have a G19.

I suppose we'll see. I wonder if @SouthNarc continued to have success with his MagGuts kits.

As somebody who originally bought the P365XL as an AIWB piece, and then transitioned it to my primary-everything pistol because I like it and shoot so well with it… I really like the idea of the macro.

Looking at my P365XL with the 15 round magazine inserted and then looking at the picture of the macro, it wouldn’t surprise me if the “17 round capacity” is a typo, and the macro’s true capacity is 15, being a flush 15 round magazine from the XL. It would make sense too, from the perspective that the P365 and P365XL share the same 12 round magazine body (extended for P365 and flush for the XL), and the extended 15 round magazine of the XL is the flush magazine of the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    As somebody who originally bought the P365XL as an AIWB piece, and then transitioned it to my primary-everything pistol because I like it and shoot so well with it… I really like the idea of the macro.

Looking at my P365XL with the 15 round magazine inserted and then looking at the picture of the macro, it wouldn’t surprise me if the “17 round capacity” is a typo, and the macro’s true capacity is 15, being a flush 15 round magazine from the XL. It would make sense too, from the perspective that the P365 and P365XL share the same 12 round magazine body (extended for P365 and flush for the XL), and the extended 15 round magazine of the XL is the flush magazine of the macro.
    I had a similar thought, earlier in the day - reusing the existing 15rd mag bodies, stock FCG, and the P365XL barrel (in the same way that the P365 Spectre Comps reuse the normal P365's barrel) leverages existing production, while the new grip shell (relatively inexpensive) and new slide (already an accepted marketing tool for debuting "new"/must-have models) are just the costs to make more money.

That does make everyone else's desire for a more prominent manual safety lever and my own desire for ambi slide-lock\release levers pretty darn unlikely, but inshallah...
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List