Page 12 of 117 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You could probably with a little leg work, have Wolff springs suggest a suitable alternative.

In a pinch, you could flat shim it.
    Looking at the mag, does any think these are p320 mags?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Looking at the mag, does any think these are p320 mags?
    No. Definitely not. Upper portion appears to be a P365 mag. Which makes sense since these use the 365 series FCU and slides.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Tabbed triggers are functionally inertia drop safeties, not “trigger safeties.” Given the direction the trigger bar on SIG striker guns moves when the trigger is pulled they are not effective as inertia safeties in those guns and are thus pointless on the SIG striker guns.

Yes, I am aware that SIG did design a tab trigger and they did supply on at least one overseas contract, the Guatemalan national police. However, SIG knows that. It is just for show and essentially designed it to mollify people who A) are used to Glocks and B) don’t really understand how the gun works, like most police chiefs….

The above is why a Tabbed trigger was not part of the P320 drip safety “upgrade.”

There are both similarities and significant differences between the P320 series and the P365 series. Despite over 1 million P365 series guns in circulation there are no reports of 365 series gun going off “uncommanded” as with the 320.

I’ve mentioned before that the 365 is a better design and that if SIG had not gotten the DOD / MHS contract they would likely have dropped the 320 and introduced a scaled up P365XL as the “320 Gen 2”

The P365 macro uses standard P365 series FCU’s and P365XL slides. If SIG doesn’t offer a manual safety version of the macro, one could easily get a P365 series manual safety FCU and cut a notch in the macro grip shell just as people have done with the AXG aluminum frames for the P320.
    I am definitely not an expert regarding tab triggers. My understanding is that the tab will not move due to inertia when the trigger shoe could move due to inertia. The purpose of the tab is to prevent the shoe from moving in case of inertia forces. The purpose of the trigger tab is to prevent the trigger shoe from being moved through the entire range of motion (and firing the pistol) due to inertia. I do not post often and it is difficult to express one’s intent with words. I would like to explain that this post is more of a question than a statement and I consider myself a student.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I am definitely not an expert regarding tab triggers. My understanding is that the tab will not move due to inertia when the trigger shoe could move due to inertia. The purpose of the tab is to prevent the shoe from moving in case of inertia forces. The purpose of the trigger tab is to prevent the trigger shoe from being moved through the entire range of motion (and firing the pistol) due to inertia. I do not post often and it is difficult to express one’s intent with words. I would like to explain that this post is more of a question than a statement and I consider myself a student.
    I don't see your question but if you are merely asking for confirmation of your statements then you are correct.
    The trigger tab can also theoretically add some additional protection against accidental discharge by a foreign object but as has been proven far too many times it can be easily defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Is their any way to increase the trigger break weight on a P365 or P320 by around one pound, as they have always been right on the edge of being about to light *for me* on a carry gun.
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/i...return-spring/

The +10% will increase trigger pull weight. Can’t say if it’ll get you the 1 lb you desire because I don’t have a pull gauge but it’s a noticeable increase. It will firm up the reset also.

Same thing and they claim .5lb increase https://www.armorycraft.com/product-...turn-spring-10

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/i...return-spring/

The +10% will increase trigger pull weight. Can’t say if it’ll get you the 1 lb you desire because I don’t have a pull gauge but it’s a noticeable increase. It will firm up the reset also.

Same thing and they claim .5lb increase https://www.armorycraft.com/product-...turn-spring-10
    In *using* both of them in my P320 pistols, the above options do very little in changing the triggers break weight and not much on the triggers reset either. They also do not fit the P365 pistols.
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-31-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    In using both of the above options above, they do little to nothing in changing the triggers break weight and not much on the triggers reset either. They also do not fit the P365 pistols.
    Have you tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Have you tried them?
    Yes, I have used both of them.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I dont mind the factory slim one but I agree. The fact that no one has come up with one yet is interesting. Also I hope they update whatever they finish the trigger, slide release, mag release, and safeties in. I have managed to rust one pretty good this summer.
    If they debut a more usable manual safety, at some point I'm probably gonna run out things to complain about.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

According to Mike Glover on today’s Cleared Hot podcast this will be officially announced and possibly released on 8/8ish.

Soon…

User Tag List