Thread: Picked a couple new comped pistols...

Picked a couple new comped pistols...

Both fairly new to the market. I'm going to shoot them today.

Anyone have experience with either?

Shadow Systems DR920P

Sig P320 Spectre Comp

I did not get a chance to shoot the Shadow Systems, but the Sig shoots very well.

I’m actually not generally a fan of the P320, but I like the AXG Pro I have and this one even more. It shoots flat. The weight of the frame, along with the comp keeps the muzzle down despite a high bore axis. The trigger is very good by striker standards and it made it easy to shoot accurately.

Not a long review. I only had time for 50 rounds, but it shot well and functioned perfectly. For $1500, it’s a nice value.

IMHO, and in my experience, the triggers on most Sig P320 series pistol I have owned or handled borderline on breaking too light for me and the trigger reset is weak and less positive when compared to the Glock and Shadow System pistols. I also prefer to have a trigger safety on my striker fired pistols. The trigger in Shadow System’s and Glock pistols do break in and become better with use, but for most people are harder to shoot tight groups with compared to the Sig P320 series pistols. IMHO, Glock and Shadow Systems pistols have the simpler and more robust design and are easier to work on. In my experience the Sig P320’s do shoot nice with little felt recoil or muzzle flip. Sig X-RAY night sights are okay, but they don’t really pop or stand out near as much as Ameriglo, Trijicon and some other night sights or fiber optic sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, and in my experience, the triggers on most Sig P320 series pistol I have owned or handled borderline on breaking too light for me and the trigger reset is weak and less positive when compared to the Glock and Shadow System pistols. I also prefer to have a trigger safety on my striker fired pistols. The trigger in Shadow System’s and Glock pistols do break in and become better with use, but for most people are harder to shoot tight groups with compared to the Sig P320 series pistols. IMHO, Glock and Shadow Systems pistols have the simpler and more robust design and are easier to work on. In my experience the Sig P320’s do shoot nice with little felt recoil or muzzle flip. Sig X-RAY night sights are okay, but they don’t really pop or stand out near as much as Ameriglo, Trijicon and some other night sights or fiber optic sights.
    I would never consider a P320 carry gun, due to the trigger. Yes, I also feel both Glock and SS have better triggers for carry.

For target/competition shooting, the P320 is the better stock trigger, in my opinion. By quite a bit, actually.

User Tag List