Thread: .40 Gold Dot G2

.40 Gold Dot G2

So I've just came across this and couldn't help but notice it's not on the @DocGKR list of recommended duty loads. That seems strange to me considering Speer's website claims that their G2 lineup as a whole scores the highest on FBI test protocol of anything they produce. Anybody have a clue what is going on here?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    So I've just came across this and couldn't help but notice it's not on the @DocGKR list of recommended duty loads. That seems strange to me considering Speer's website claims that their G2 lineup as a whole scores the highest on FBI test protocol of anything they produce. Anybody have a clue what is going on here?
    Same question, I picked up 300 from velocity because the sale was stupid good and I generally trust Speer, but I was curious about that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    That list hasn't been updated for six years. I don't know how long the G2 version has been out, it just might not have been tested prior to the current list.

From what I’ve read stuff is tested by agency request etc.

And if that’s 100% accurate I guess what it means is no one has paid to have it tested.

Obviously NDA’s apply

Speers stuff seems to go bang and be accurate based on their QC and that’s the much bigger part of the battle

YMMV

The material in the hollow point can melt at high heat. Everyone knows not to leave them in your car but these are not designed or intended to be used or stored in areas with extreme heat.

User Tag List