Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone own a Walther Model 9?

Does anyone own a Walther Model 9?

Any owners? Would love a picture next to a P32 or LCP.

Any impressions of shooting would be welcome as well.

Smallest I have shot is a Bernadelli VP25, and my little airweight Baby Browning. They are great for what they are. I think less than 5 yards amd probably 3 is the sweet spot. I have been thinking about a Walther, but you first! I passed on one at a show recently and went back and it was gone, boxed like new 600.00!! Oh well.

I have been reading about some reloaders trying to push the .25 to 1000 fps. I think most are about 750 FPS. To me American Eagle feels more brisk than the others. I am gonna chrono a bunch of different brands when I get some time, as I am just curious. I think as a deep concealment gun is their niche. I have been playing with my mouse guns lately and they are just neat. I Finally have components and everything to start reloading them. I think a 50 gr FMJ at even a true 900, would penetrate more than 12”

JCN ya need to get one!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    JCN ya need to get one!
    Funny you should say that….

Got it for $469

Name:  452290E7-D14E-4D5F-AFEA-47B2CBE3C262.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  30.3 KB

Does anyone own a Walther Model 9?

Clue us in….what’s special about the Walther model 9?

Wikipedia basically trashes it by mentioning the striker springs take a set and the guns stop working if kept cocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah can’t wait for the range report and pics!

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Clue us in….what’s special about the Walther model 9?

Wikipedia basically trashes it by mentioning the striker springs take a set and the guns stop working if kept cocked.

It’s one of the tiniest semis in existence.

And I like dumb things.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It’s one of the tiniest semis in existence.

And I like dumb things.
    No judgment here, I was just wondering if there was some secret awesome sauce that I was missing. Plus, Walter made 200,000 of them; they can’t be THAT bad.

I’m interested in seeing the range reports.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    No judgment here, I was just wondering if there was some secret awesome sauce that I was missing. Plus, Walter made 200,000 of them; they can’t be THAT bad.

I’m interested in seeing the range reports.

I’m pretty surprised that nobody has one (or at least admits to having one).

Should be here next week.

That is cool! I love these tiny ones, as I think these are where the .25 fits in. If you go bigger like Beretta, Taurus you are really getting into
    .380 territory. I wonder if it will fit in a Jeans fifth pocket?

These remind me of my Grandad, I went with him one morning back in the 70’s to a hardware store, and bought a little RG, brought it home cleaned it, loaded it with FMJ and made a defacto holster from folded handkerchief. We would go up to the mall and sit with the guys, all of whom where armed in some way shape or form. Just a really cool time thinking back on it.

Apparently there are three distinct types/revisions of this pistol, plus rolling changes through the production run. Do you know what type your pistol is? Or at least what part of the serial range?

What are your expectations for this pistol? I know (and appreciate) your interest in weird stuff; I'm just curious as to what you envision for this pistol.

User Tag List