Thread: Beretta 1301 ACRO mount

Site Supporter

Beretta 1301 ACRO mount

https://tacord.com

Name:  4C03AF01-66BA-41A7-85B1-11122CED3585.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  59.1 KB

Saw this on book of faces… apparently a Canadian company is releasing a direct mount for the Aimpoint ACRO on the Beretta 1301.

Anyone have further info ?

Does this co-witness ? Does the stock rear obscure too much of the optic ?

The CROM’s ghost ring already obscures more of an H1 than I’d like, which is why I went to a Haught mod rear. I can’t imagine the factory ghost ring being better, particularly with the smaller ACRO window.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The CROM’s ghost ring already obscures more of an H1 than I’d like, which is why I went to a Haught mod rear. I can’t imagine the factory ghost ring being better, particularly with the smaller ACRO window.
    A couple salient points. The CROM's aperture is completely exposed and relies on a loose fitting dovetail and grub screws to maintain windage. Overall, the sight is exceptionally crude. The CROM uses an XS aperture which, in keeping with XS's design philosophy, has a heavy/thick ring.

On the other hand, the factory plastic LPA sight uses standard LPA windage and elevation parts. LPA makes all metal replacement rear sights with a variety of apertures, including a regular thin ghost ring. Last but not least, all of the sight mounts and rails for the 1301 rely on small screws and the larger the sight used the more force is applied to the small screws under recoil.

Frankly, I'm just waiting for a cowitness alternative to the CROM so I can switch to an LPA rear sight with MRD.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Personally I don't understand the Acro on a 12 gauge. The Aimpoint micro style sights already work very well on shotguns in a good mount. The Acro is certainly a very durable sight, but so are the Aimpoint micros.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    That mount would be cooler if it mounted where ther rear sight mounts/replaced the rear sight. It would make over the reciever access to the loading port easier, free up room to carry the gun with a hand wrapped around the reciever and if the mount height is correct probably allow the ACRO to work just fine as a giant ghost ring sight out to 20-25 yards or so.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Personally I don't understand the Acro on a 12 gauge. The Aimpoint micro style sights already work very well on shotguns in a good mount. The Acro is certainly a very durable sight, but so are the Aimpoint micros.
    With the T1/H1 discontinued and the “duty” sitting so high it’s useless on anything not an AR, the ACRO is a cheaper option than the T2/H2 or the Comp5.

User Tag List