Thread: IWB Appendix Tourniquet Carrier

IWB Appendix Tourniquet Carrier

A search didn’t return much…any recommendations for IWB appendix tourniquet carriers? I generally carry an extra mag (P365X) since there is space on belt line but have considered carrying a SOF-T in that space on occasion.

Suggestions/links welcome. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    An unconventional method to reduce bulk when carrying a tourniquet IWB is to open it up fully and hook the end with the windlass to the waistband, letting the tail end drop down the pant leg. It can really reduce printing if that is an issue for you with a folded TQ.

Have you looked at the Mastermind option? I don't have one but I do have their mag carrier that's essentially the same thing but smaller and really like it.

I use MasterMind Tactics IWB mag pouch. They make a similar pouch for IWB carry of a TQ.
    https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/tqpouch

It appears Mastermind only makes a TQ worried for the CAT. I generally prefer the SOF-T as it is lower profile. However, if I can’t find something for the SOF-T I’m not completely opposed to the CAT. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I've been looking for an RMT IWB pouch.
    --Jason--

Immediate Casualty Care sells an IWB tourniquet pouch that they say accommodates a CAT or SOFTT-W. No personal experience with it.

I’d guess that the Mastermind will work as well for the SOFTT as anything else even if it’s intended for the CAT. I’d guess the CAT is generally more amenable to IWB carry and that may be the reason they specifically mention it, but a nylon pouch is a nylon pouch.

If it were me I’d dry that carrier with the SOFTT and get a CAT if it didn’t work. For what it’s worth I keep both around for different purposes.

A Ranger band/rubber band holds the SOFT-TW flatpacked. A thin piece of cord goes around the band, and then the belt or a belt loop. The TQ gets tucked in the waistband/down the leg of the pants. When you want it, you just grab and yank it out, and the band peels off.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

User Tag List