Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some decent bluetooh enabled earpro?

What are some decent bluetooh enabled earpro?

I wear electric earpro when I shoot and when I do yard work. I have gone through two sets this summer. The first was peltor and the second was a set of walkers (those lasted less than a week). I spent around $100 for each of them. Is there a set that will be less likely to crap the bed? I may need to spend a little more, maybe?

Recommendations (both pro and con) are appreciated.

I’ve been wearing Sound Gear custom molded hearing pro since 2016 and last fall I got a set of of Sound Gear Phantoms with bluetooth. Before you think I won the lottery, my health insurance consider them hearing aids and covers them fully.

The Sound Gears are custom molded for my ears. The first set I got in 2016 was just electronic hearing pro that used replaceable hearing aid batteries. The Phantoms I got last fall are a step above and in addition to bluetooth they also have rechargeable batteries, directional microphones, and some fancy pants software that allows the settings to be tuned to my most recent hearing test results (I have moderate hearing loss in my left ear in the low-mid range). The new Sound Gears work off an app on my phone (what fricken doesn’t these days?) and I can change settings, volume, and also play music or podcasts thru them while at the range. At a recent match I even took a call when I had them on.

The only thing I wished they had was a higher NRR. Open guns, especially the ones with popple holes are pretty obnoxious, so when RO-ing I sometimes slip on a pair of Peltors on top of the SGs. But for normal pistols and PCCs, the SG are just fine. I haven’t worn them yet to a PRS match, but suspect I’ll probably bring my Peltors since a lot of those guns are running some big comps.

I've had a set Peltor 500 earpro for the past three years. Theyve worked great, and despite the poor head band design, they're great. They get used at the range, for yard work, and for anything else I might need earpro.

I've upgraded them with these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B087D...b_b_asin_title

And this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079W...b_b_asin_title (due to the aforementioned Headband design)
    Last edited by DMF13; 07-10-2022 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I've had a set Peltor 500 earpro for the past three years. Theyve worked great, and despite the poor head band design, they're great. They get used at the range, for yard work, and for anything else I might need earpro.
    My Peltors were the 500s. They crapped out on me after less than a year.

It’d be a big step up in price but ear pro with down leads like a set of used Peltor Comtacs and the new Disco32 Discus would work very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Discus on order for my Comtacs. I hear it's legit.

It maybe too much hardware for yardwork, but I've found the Comtacs to hold up to the weather and heavy sweat very well. Maybe just Bluetooth earbuds and plain earmuffs for the yard? I try not to use my expensive comtacs for anything but shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

It maybe too much hardware for yardwork, but I've found the Comtacs to hold up to the weather and heavy sweat very well. Maybe just Bluetooth earbuds and plain earmuffs for the yard? I try not to use my expensive comtacs for anything but shooting.
    I used mine on a run n gun on Saturday and was super pleased. I’ve run with AirPods under my AMPs and it’s not great. They’re an early Gen (1-2) and I think the newer ones may be shorter so less interference with the muff itself which was my problem. They were also drenched in sweat though so I don’t know how long they’d hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

The DISCUS is rather bulky, though, and needs you to keep the downleads on your ear pro, which makes it more snaggy, so a bit more annoying when just hanging out at the range, IMO. I personally just leave my DISCUS on my PC, connected to my PTT, with the downlead attached (I have the connectorized AMP, so I have the luxury of detaching the downleads from my headset).

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I can't vouch for the company at all but I have a set of MPro 102As that I wore for all of the sanding and grinding on my boat, every single mowing of the lawn over the last two years, and every other loud task at home other than chainsawing (because I have a dedicated chainsaw helmet).

I don't wear them for shooting because they don't have mics to allow for hearing stuff, I wear the HLs all poorfags own and put HL laserlytes underneath for shooting. So if you want electronic earpro in that sense, they don't do that.

But they've withstood two years of working on me, including several heatwaves which cranked my garage up to 125f, and I assure you I am not adapted to those temperatures and sweat like a Westboro Baptist after a hack of the Grindr userbase.

Here is a link to a detailed review and I note they were not super impressed with the protection relative to the claim. I can't say I would have noticed that and to me they seem really effective, but then talking to me is like this: EEEEEEThanksEEEEEEforEEEEEEtheEEEEEEreccomendation .

https://noisyworld.org/mpow-hp102a-bluetooth-earmuffs/

Anyway at least I see that Noisy World seems to be a source for pretty detailed hearing protection reviews so maybe that's useful in general, even if the Mpows are not a good solution for you.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post

Here is a link to a detailed review and I note they were not super impressed with the protection relative to the claim. I can't say I would have noticed that and to me they seem really effective, but then talking to me is like this: EEEEEEThanksEEEEEEforEEEEEEtheEEEEEEreccomendation .
    This is the main reason I am looking for some blue tooth ear pro. My tinnitus is so bad that the squealing is distracting even while working. Audio help keep that to a minimum.

User Tag List