Thread: Left side 2011 single mag pouch (EDC) - owb preferred

Left side 2011 single mag pouch (EDC) - owb preferred

Title says it all. I'm carrying my Staccato C2 AIWB but would preferred a minimalist weak side mag pouch. I can work with IWB but have slight preference for OWB. Just looking for any suggestions based on experience.

The Tenicor Fero is great

https://tenicor.com/collections/mag-...-owb-mag-pouch

or the JM Custom Kydex one with his concealment belt clip

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/Q-SPMP-V3-STI.html

I do the same thing I carry AIWB but I have an owb mag carrier (I own both above currently using the Tenicor) on my left hip at the 9 o'clock because I run a blade where an AIWB mag would go and it just gets two crowded.

Site Supporter
    leather pouches seem to work the best. I haven't found a kydex/plastic one that conceals well and has good retention. I love the blade tech pouches, but with the staccato mags its hit or miss if they will stay in. The stainless mags seem to have the most issues. While the jm kydex pouches have good retention they stick out quite a bit and don't work for t-shirt concealment. Same with the tenicor. The kytex ones work decent, but I break them through normal use about every 6-8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    leather pouches seem to work the best. I haven't found a kydex/plastic one that conceals well and has good retention. I love the blade tech pouches, but with the staccato mags its hit or miss if they will stay in. The stainless mags seem to have the most issues. While the jm kydex pouches have good retention they stick out quite a bit and don't work for t-shirt concealment. Same with the tenicor. The kytex ones work decent, but I break them through normal use about every 6-8 months.
    I have used multiple dozens of Kytex magazine carriers over the past several years for several different pistol magazines in both .45 and 9mm calibers.

They have been subjected to lots of hard, repetitive use in IDPA and USPSA matches, in EDC in both open carry when riding an ATV, UTV or Jeep n the desert and forest, and concealed carry for "everyday life".

In lightweight, compact form carrying six 9mm's for a Glock G43 up to some carrying significantly more weight like 10 rounds of .45 in a CZ97 magazine or 13 rounds of .45 in a Glock G21SF magazine.

Zero failures. Zero breakage. Zero magazine dumps.

Maybe this might be my turn at good luck, but I am very, very pleased with them, and customer service and value for the cost are excellent.

Site Supporter
    Congrats? The op was asking specifically about carrying staccato mags. Lot of other folks have talked about how the kytex mag carriers seem to break under normal use. My experience has been they last about 6-8 months under normal use with Staccato mags. This seems to speed up if they are used with a leather belt vs a mastermind tactics or similar. If I spend a bit more and use a leather mag pouch they don't break and will most likely out last me. If they work for you carry on, but they aren't that great for Staccato mags.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I have used multiple dozens of Kytex magazine carriers over the past several years for several different pistol magazines in both .45 and 9mm calibers.

They have been subjected to lots of hard, repetitive use in IDPA and USPSA matches, in EDC in both open carry when riding an ATV, UTV or Jeep n the desert and forest, and concealed carry for "everyday life".

In lightweight, compact form carrying six 9mm's for a Glock G43 up to some carrying significantly more weight like 10 rounds of .45 in a CZ97 magazine or 13 rounds of .45 in a Glock G21SF magazine.

Zero failures. Zero breakage. Zero magazine dumps.

Maybe this might be my turn at good luck, but I am very, very pleased with them, and customer service and value for the cost are excellent.

I've looked at Kytex for Staccato pouches in the past; the only thing I've seen on the website is a double pouch for STI? Is there a single STI/Staccato/2011 pouch somewhere on the website? Appreciate the steer.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    https://kytexgear.com/product/sti-9-...64135742187500

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've looked at Kytex for Staccato pouches in the past; the only thing I've seen on the website is a double pouch for STI? Is there a single STI/Staccato/2011 pouch somewhere on the website? Appreciate the steer.

Site Supporter
    Big fan of this Safariland Universal Pouch as it is good enough until perfect is identified. Accordian style such that it fits and retains most any mag, or flashlight or multltool, or TK etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Un.../dp/B009FDAHGU
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

These are designed for glocks, but work very well with 2011 mags. You can cut it in half to make two singles.

https://tangodown.com/vickers-tactic...agazine-pouch/

User Tag List