Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paracord Fixed Loops For IWB? Anybody Tried This? Bad Idea?

I have been using Paracord for years with no issues. I make my own IWB holsters to get the lowest profile possible and tried Paracord loops on a lark and they worked fine. The Kydex breaks before the loops wear out. After 7+ years of daily carry with multiple holsters the only reason to change Paracord loops is color [emoji39]

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blackhawk makes a holster called the ARC. It’s like 20 bucks and is surprisingly decent holster so depending on what you carry it might be worth a shot
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016457531?pid=968791
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I won't be buying any cheap holsters, have plenty of holsters laying around not getting used. I plan to repurchase this when in stock since they've refunded me and told me to keep the holster or throw it away.

Personally, I encourage modifications like this, if only for the learning experience. Kydex is great for that. A little heat here, a little bending there. Maybe drill another hole or two. Easy stuff, and it's a good learning experience seeing the effect those things have on the comfort and effectiveness of your holster.

That said, if the plan is to buy another, just buy a JMCK and call it a day. My personal favorite is the versatile JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5.

If one knows knots, and can procure quality cordage, almost anything is possible. I would be concerned, however, about the stress placed, on the kydex, at the hole. Regardless, one must pay frequent attention to the knots, and all stress points.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    was thinking I could use paracord to make IWB loops.
    I would imagine using a flexible cord like shock cord would work better than Paracord?
    Last edited by That Guy; 07-12-2022 at 09:24 AM.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I would imagine using a flexible cord like shock cord would work better than Paracord?
    If you say bungee cord, you are That Guy. ;-) jk

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I would not want an item attached to me to have enough stretch to potentially move away from me, and then potentially snap back, especially if I had a firearm in my hand.

May not be likely, but I don't see what advantage the elastic gives you over fixed.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

User Tag List