Thread: Gen 4 G19 issues

Gen 4 G19 issues

I could not find any reference (if one even exists) that identifies serial runs of the affected pistols. I did find some references to late 2009/early 2010 production being the main culprits, but nothing definite.

I just snagged an FDE Gen 3 G19, like-new, SVXxxx. It was test-fired in March of this year. I'm wondering if it possibly has the "bad" extractor/ejector/whatever that might need attention before I send it to Bowie.

Any info would be appreciated.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I'm wondering if it possibly has the "bad" extractor/ejector/whatever that might need attention before I send it to Bowie.
    It might run well, and it might not.

IME, if you can make it to 5K rounds without any issues, you'll probably be fine.

My GEN 4 G17 (RSVxxx) had all the "problem" parts in it when I bought it a year ago (0-2 RSA, 336 Ejector & MIM extractor). I have well over 5k through it now, with no failures or brass to the face. Even if your gun has the faulty parts like mine does, the only real way to find out is to go put a bunch of rounds through it.

Mine is serial SLY (February) and it has the latest parts and runs great.

There's no problem serial # range that can be identified as far as I know. While the issues have been widespread recently and seem to be worse with the early Gen 4 guns, I have a 2005 G17 that was throwing about 40% of the cases back into my forehead. Installing a non-LCI extractor and SLB seems to have cured it.

I also have a 2006 G19 that exhibits weak/erratic ejection with occasional (maybe 2 or 3 out of 100) cases coming straight back. I just picked up a non-LCI extractor today and will see if this one improves too.

Finally, I have a 1998 G26 that has been perfect; ejects consistently to my 4:00.

The only way to know if you've got a problem is to shoot the gun.

My Gen 4 G19 was also made in March of 2012 serial # SWC with all the current parts and does have erratic ejection with the factory extractor.

You may or may not, you won't know until you shoot yours. In my testing UMC and Magtech have been the worst culprits of erratic ejection or brass to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Mine is serial SLY (February) and it has the latest parts and runs great.
    I can vouch for this statement. My 14 year old and I shot your Gen 4 G19 last weekend and the ejection pattern was perfect.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I understand I have to shoot it to know for sure. I also have read of the problem suddenly manifesting itself after several thousand rounds. I was hoping that there might be a known serial range.. apparently not.

Thanks for all the replies. If it works as it should during my "test firing" in the net few days, guess I'll roll the dice and send it to Bowie.

Who would have thought one had these concerns regarding a Glock, eh???

Perhaps NOW they have learned to leave well enough alone.

User Tag List