Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Police pre employment polygraph questions

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    You have no idea.

The beastiality thing is a real problem. I’ve often wondered if there was some underground Facebook challenge that involved dogs and peanut butter. A buddy does polys for a neighboring department. He’s done hundreds. Shocking how many are eliminated for this.

At a certain point agencies are going to have to re-evaluate what level of “that’s fucked up” that they’re going to say is an automatic disqualification.

A couple of years ago we had a former cadet that got jammed up due to a poly. I think he ended up catching a felony out of some of the stuff that came up.
    Sometime before I retired, we had an applicant who admitted to having relations with a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I had no idea, but now I do. If we have to re-evaluate standards, I say LE should hire people with criminal records ahead of dog fuckers.
    While I was talking about this w my buddy he told me that he’s done enough of these by now that he can tell when someone is on the brink of revealing something embarrassing so he’ll tell them something like, “look, I’ve done a lot of these and it’s pretty common for people to tell me XYZ…..” so this kid reveals something sexual to do with a deer. At the end of the poly the kid asks if that will keep him from getting a job. My buddy was like, “oh yeah, that’s gonna disqualify you”….. so the kid says “but you said that was NORMAL!?!?! To which my buddy replies something like, “I said it was COMMON, there’s nothing normal about it”.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

You have no idea.

The beastiality thing is a real problem. I’ve often wondered if there was some underground Facebook challenge that involved dogs and peanut butter. A buddy does polys for a neighboring department. He’s done hundreds. Shocking how many are eliminated for this.

At a certain point agencies are going to have to re-evaluate what level of “that’s fucked up” that they’re going to say is an automatic disqualification.

A couple of years ago we had a former cadet that got jammed up due to a poly. I think he ended up catching a felony out of some of the stuff that came up.
    I neglected to mention the peanut butter, but yes, totally accurate.

Site Supporter
    And women applicants? What eliminates them?

“oh yeah, that’s gonna disqualify you”
    I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    And women applicants? What eliminates them?
    After all the above, do you really want to ask that question?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I love it.

After all the above, do you really want to ask that question?
    Yes but I fear it's gonna have something to do with a dog. You see in 1971 when I was studying frogs and toads at Auburn University, I met a lovely young and pretty 1st grade teacher who.....

I had best not give Clusterfrack a test case on what is and ain't appropriate. That's why I did not post about stump broke heifers and such.

Site Supporter
    “Stump broke heifers”…been a while since I’ve heard that.

I went through this many years ago right when I ETSed from the Army. Took a polygraph for a very large city PD here in Texas. I pretty much felt like a criminal the entire process and was treated as such. I ended up being deployed with the NG right after that for 9/11 and lost all progress in hiring with that PD and ended up in a different career field. The process is weird at best if you ask me. After the first round, they left me in the room alone with a tape recorder rolling and she told me I better think about my answers and then came back after 45 minutes for round two.

I've done multiple polys over the years - at least four that I can think of. Most were "CI Scope," so a little different from a generic background "suitability" poly.

My first one I was a young Captain in the Army, and was terrified, having heard nothing but horror stories. The examiner, from NSA, was a twin for Wolford Brimley. He immediately ID'd me as a nervous Nelly, and sat me down and went through all the operant questions in advance. When I saw what was being asked, all stress disappeared, and we blew through it in under 30 minutes.

My LAST poly (same CI Scope) was administered by my former agency, by a kid who was running his first test (after a subject backed out of a criminal poly). He had me "on the box" sitting in a T-shirt under an AC duct for 7 hours straight, complaining about "artifacts." When he started to Reid Technique me, I terminated the test with some colorful language involved.

The next day his supervisor asked if I'd be willing to retake the test. I did, took it, past it without issue in less than 45 minutes. At that point I swore I'd NEVER take a poly again for any purpose, ever.

Deleted...
    Last edited by EMC; 07-19-2022 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Found answer in prior thread

User Tag List