Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ REBATE

Site Supporter

CZ REBATE

CZ is giving a $50 rebate for purchase of a new P-07, P-09, or P-10. Beginning date is July 1.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    CZ is giving a $50 rebate for purchase of a new P-07, P-09, or P-10. Beginning date is July 1.
    Ohhhh P-07 deal hunting time maybe. Love me a DA/SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Dam. Car repairs took away that deal. A p07 would be nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Ohhhh P-07 deal hunting time maybe. Love me a DA/SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get a P-07. Clusterman directed my attention to this model. It has become my favorite CZ. I own 6. My last purchase was a P-10C. The shop has 16 in stock. A college boy bought one, and his mama brought it back. She sold it back. They called me, and I gave them what they paid for it. This model is 2 ounces heavier than a Glock 19, and the trigger is not as good. Eventually I will give this specimen to a nephew. Buying a P-10C and not a Gen 5 Glock makes little sense if one is paying retail. That said, either would serve the man in the street well. I think they are solid pistols.

Get a P-07. Clusterman directed my attention to this model. It has become my favorite CZ. I own 6. My last purchase was a P-10C. The shop has 16 in stock. A college boy bought one, and his mama brought it back. She sold it back. They called me, and I gave them what they paid for it. This model is 2 ounces heavier than a Glock 19, and the trigger is not as good. Eventually I will give this specimen to a nephew. Buying a P-10C and not a Gen 5 Glock makes little sense if one is paying retail. That said, either would serve the man in the street well. I think they are solid pistols.
    I carried one of the original P-07's about a decade ago (when it was labeled the P-07 DUTY) and it's one of those pistols that I've always felt a calling towards. It carried really nicely and really was that Goldilocks size for me to carry and shoot. My wife shot lights out with it also, maybe this is going to be my Bday present to myself this year getting an OD Green one back in the stable.

Fully Cajunized, direct mill for Holosun 509t2, about the size of a Glock 19. It's my favorite hard use carry gun out of anything I've owned or tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    509t2 slide just arrived from Stonebridge Gunworks. It looks great. Irons are low, just visible at bottom of window.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Fully Cajunized, direct mill for Holosun 509t2, about the size of a Glock 19. It's my favorite hard use carry gun out of anything I've owned or tried.
    Please comment about extended length firing pins. Cajun sells and uses one in their action job. I remember your choosing not to use the extra length pin. Or did I dream that?

Please comment about extended length firing pins. Cajun sells and uses one in their action job. I remember your choosing not to use the extra length pin. Or did I dream that?
    Good question.

The CGW extended FP for the P-07 allows reliable ignition with 15# or even 13# hammer springs. I use them in all of my P-07s. I tested it for safety (see below) because of concerns about extended FPs in the Shadow2, and am satisfied that it is not dangerous. Unlike the Shadow2, the P-07 decocks to a robust decock notch, and is carried in that condition. I’m satisfied that it is safe, given that the hammer is held by the notch, and even when fully down the firing pin block seems to prevent ignition of even soft primers after hard impact.

But everyone has to make their own decisions about safety.

NOTE: every P-07 owner should replace their firing pin retaining pin with the CGW tempered steel pin. The FP retaining pin is the weak link in an otherwise excellent design. The OEM pin can get damaged by repeated dry firing, and lock up the FP. Even with the new pin, dry fire should be done with half a foam earplug protecting the FP.

Safety Testing the CGW Extended Firing Pin

I had a little free time today, and completed a project I've had planned for a while.

The CGW Extended Firing Pin (EFP) is part of the ProGrade Kit, and can be used separately as well. The EFP is the key to using lighter hammer springs. In my guns, I have determined that springs as light as #13 are reliable.

However, the EFP is longer than the OEM firing pin, and protrudes slightly from the breech face when under pressure, even when the FP safety is engaged.

This was concerning to me for obvious reasons. Therefore I tested if an impact to the EFP could fire a round in the chamber. I used empty primed cases: Federal HST 147, and my own handholds (Winchester primer). I tested two of my guns, one with a full Prograde Kit and 6000+ rounds through it, and a new P-07 with the EFP.

I whacked the EFP with a punch and a hammer three times. No ignition.

The primers looked like this, with a visible but small indentation:

I fired the gun normally, and the primers ignited. The cases looked like this:

Conclusion: a very hard impact to the EFP while the FP safety is engaged will not ignite even soft Federal primers.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-09-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Thank you Clusterfrack for presenting this information again. I put the Cajun firing pin, the correct roll pin, a lighter weight hammer spring, and a lighter weight firing pin block spring in a PCR. Improvement in trigger pull was significant.

Dahlonega Armory has them for $460ish. I bought a couple guns from them earlier this year with no problem.
    David S.

User Tag List