Thread: Duty Magazine Pouch

Duty Magazine Pouch

Looking for recommendations for nylon closed-top duty magazine pouches for Glock 17/22. Anybody know of a particular model that is a little lower cut, meaning more of the magazine is exposed to grab when reloading? The model I’m issued only leaves about an inch of the magazine sticking out and it’s a pain in the ass to get a good purchase on the mag. Due to contract requirements, it has to be nylon and closed-top, but I can probably get away with a different brand model as long as it looks pretty close to what the company provides.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Looking for recommendations for nylon closed-top duty magazine pouches for Glock 17/22. Anybody know of a particular model that is a little lower cut, meaning more of the magazine is exposed to grab when reloading? The model I’m issued only leaves about an inch of the magazine sticking out and it’s a pain in the ass to get a good purchase on the mag. Due to contract requirements, it has to be nylon and closed-top, but I can probably get away with a different brand model as long as it looks pretty close to what the company provides.

What brand are you using?

I’ve had decent luck with Bianchi stuff if using a G17 sized magazine, but a 19 sized mag is a pain to use. I’ve not used nylon in almost a decade so I’m not up to date with the newer stuff.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/41ptc

Flapped Duty TACOs from HSGI.... they are elastic on the sides so will flex much more than other flapped pouches.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    https://www.highspeedgear.com/41ptc

Flapped Duty TACOs from HSGI.... they are elastic on the sides so will flex much more than other flapped pouches.
    Man I wish these existed back when I was on patrol. If you can swing HSGI tacos I’d use them. They have been my go to mag/tourniquet/flashlight/cuff/OC pouches for years.

That said- I think I used Bianchi nylon back in the day w G22 mags and never had trouble getting a solid grip.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What brand are you using?
    Tru-Spec, which I did not know made duty gear until this week. Fed. contract, lowest bidder. Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Good call. Not sure if I can get away with those, but I'll keep them in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I think I used Bianchi nylon back in the day w G22 mags and never had trouble getting a solid grip.
    I have a Bianchi 7302 on my personal rig, and even that has the same problem. It's possible I'm just spoiled from running Esstac Kywi pouches and extended magazines for years.

User Tag List