Thread: Can someone bribe Safariland to make Comp 2 speed loaders for a 686+?

Site Supporter

Can someone bribe Safariland to make Comp 2 speed loaders for a 686+?

Please!

If you can live with the drawbacks (round splay, poor round retention) Speed Beez makes really fast loaders for these.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    If you can live with the drawbacks (round splay, poor round retention) Speed Beez makes really fast loaders for these.
    Also bulkier than a Comp 2. For carry, these all add up to make my preferences this:

Comp 2 > HKS > Speed Beez

I’m serious though, do we need a Change.org petition or a sufficiently large group buy to make this happen? Anyone know anyone with pull at Safariland? Bill Rogers?

I would love to see the same thing OP. The short lived seven shot S.L. Variant was the best option, but those now command a king's ransom. Quality push style loaders for 7 shot L frames/8 Shot N frames, along with size efficient offerings (ala new half lug L frames and a 627 Mountain Gun), would really push the revolver market in a positive direction.

Safariland is very stingy about offering new models. They haven't even brought back the D frame loaders, which would be perfect for all of the new small frame six shooters. The lack of speedloader options is really the only drawback to the mid sized seven shooters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JWintergreen View Post
    I would love to see the same thing OP. The short lived seven shot S.L. Variant was the best option, but those now command a king's ransom. Quality push style loaders for 7 shot L frames/8 Shot N frames, along with size efficient offerings (ala new half lug L frames and a 627 Mountain Gun), would really push the revolver market in a positive direction.

Safariland is very stingy about offering new models. They haven't even brought back the D frame loaders, which would be perfect for all of the new small frame six shooters. The lack of speedloader options is really the only drawback to the mid sized seven shooters.
    I understand that the cost of tooling & molds for plastic parts like a speedloader are higher than you would think, but for a company that is (now) almost completely plastic related, I think they have some efficiencies they could achieve. Regarding likely ROI for the investment in such a product, what is the California market like for 7 shot revolvers? Despite their restrictions, "C" is probably still a bellwether for the rest of the industry in regards to revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I understand that the cost of tooling & molds for plastic parts like a speedloader are higher than you would think, but for a company that is (now) almost completely plastic related, I think they have some efficiencies they could achieve. Regarding likely ROI for the investment in such a product, what is the California market like for 7 shot revolvers? Despite their restrictions, "C" is probably still a bellwether for the rest of the industry in regards to revolvers.
    I wholeheartedly agree. The apprehension about investing a new product is very understandable, but mid size seven shooters are here to stay. The 686 Plus has been on the market since 1996, and even Ruger has finally got into the game with the seven shot GP100s (and have even apparently increased cylinder diameter to solve the early rimlock issue). Ruger is also stingy with new revolver options, and the money has to be there for them to take that step. I was really hoping that after the seven shot GP came about, that quality push style speedloaders would start to see the light of day.

With both of the top manufacturers producing these, I am shocked that Safariland hasn't offered anything yet. If anything, this would increase the sales numbers of seven shot revolvers. I still see frequent comments to the nature of "I would by a seven shot XYZ, but there are no push loaders available."

The L frame sized seven shooter is a great idea, but its potential has never been fully reached for reasons like this. Something like a three inch 619 or 686 Mountain Gun, with readily available Comp II loaders, would be a dream come true for anyone that still loves the defensive revolver.

Probably never. I've just accepted that HKS and moonclip life for the seven shooter.

Moonclip in the gun for admin handling and better ejection. HKS for an actual reload if necessary. TKC turnaround is quick.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Double-action revolvers are subject to the "roster" infringement in CA. Only single-shot handguns and SA revolvers are not included. I haven't checked the roster for seven-shot revolvers, but any DA that was introduced since Kamala Harris "found" that microstamping was not encumbered by patents won't be on it.

Then think about how many people carry. How many people carry revolvers? How many people carry big L-frame and GP100 seven-shot revolvers? How many of those people would buy Comp2 speed loaders? How long would it take Safariland to recover the tens of thousands that production molds would cost?

It's a different world than it was when every cop was a candidate to buy at least two or three.

On the other hand, this is a case where someone might do well to 3D print the parts that would need to be specific to seven shots and rebuild six-shot Comp2s as seven-shot.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Please!
    You'd have better results just sending the cylinder to TK Custom and getting it cut for clips

User Tag List