Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most comfortable/concealable G17 OWB holster

Site Supporter

Most comfortable/concealable G17 OWB holster

I’m looking for the most comfortable/concealable OWB holster for a Gen 5 G17. I’ve read through several of the threads here and looked at several holster makers. There is no preference in regard to leather vs kydex. Whatever does the job the best is what I’m interested in.

What do you all like for OWB G17 at this time? I’m looking at both Mitch Rosen and JM, but I’ll listen to whatever suggestions.

Is the wilderness instructor belt recommended with a leather holster?

I almost always wear an undershirt and a button up shirt over it. Unless I’m at the house working outside, but otherwise I’m wearing the two shirts 95% of the time that I’m not at home.

Thanks!

Comfort is a pretty broad term, you might get suggestions as to what works for others. In my case, I've used a MR Upper Limit for a Glock 26/19 (fits both) and it was very comfortable. I swapped from that to an RCS Perun, which I liked a lot better (lighter weight, more positive fit, ambi out of the box, and affordable). I took my last class with Tom Givens with my G19 in the Perun, in fact.

RCS does make one for the G17.

https://social.rcsgear.com/perun-glock-17

JMCK OWB.

Kramer Vertical Scabbard, preferably horsehide.

For quick gratification, the Galco Avenger is quite good.

If the cover garment allows, I would rather have zero degrees of cant, and wear the weapon a bit forward of 0300. Some cover garments, and some situations, dictate that the weapon be worn just behind the hip, with minimal cant. The “FBI Cant,” of 15 degrees, will jab the rear of some auto-pistols’ slides into my ribs.
    Last edited by Rex G; 07-05-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

JMCK #2 OWB

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I have a raven concealment perun for a Glock 17 with a tlr1. I don’t typically carry owb but I do use it to and from work with my duty gun. I like it. It’s pretty comfortable.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    JMCK #2 OWB

I know I sound like a broken record, but this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Comfort is a pretty broad term, you might get suggestions as to what works for others. In my case, I've used a MR Upper Limit for a Glock 26/19 (fits both) and it was very comfortable. I swapped from that to an RCS Perun, which I liked a lot better (lighter weight, more positive fit, ambi out of the box, and affordable). I took my last class with Tom Givens with my G19 in the Perun, in fact.

RCS does make one for the G17.

https://social.rcsgear.com/perun-glock-17

Thanks!

How do the Raven and JM OWB 2 compare?

Do you all find a comfort difference in leather or kydex? What about concealability?

Honestly I have been pretty lazy by either pocket carrying a small auto or LCRx with a speed strip. In the past I carried a G26 in a Glock Sport holster using a tenicor belt and that actually worked decently, but I no longer have the G26.

Another vote for the JMCK OWB #2

And the Kramer vertical scabbard (preferably in horsehide) for leather

Excellent, excellent holsters

I think I may be the only person on earth with no Perun holster experience

RexG& 1911 nut nailed it. Kramer vertical scabbard in horsehide.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks!

How do the Raven and JM OWB 2 compare?

Do you all find a comfort difference in leather or kydex? What about concealability?

Honestly I have been pretty lazy by either pocket carrying a small auto or LCRx with a speed strip. In the past I carried a G26 in a Glock Sport holster using a tenicor belt and that actually worked decently, but I no longer have the G26.
    I have both. The Perun is lighter, ambi, and cant-adjustable. The JM OWB 2.0 feels sturdier and more solid. Mine has the 10-degree cant with full guard. With comparable setup, they both conceal about the same. I only use it when carrying OWB concealed under a sport coat or suit jacket. I usually carry a G26 and both holsters are fine. But when I carry a G19, the JM just feels more secure and solid.

User Tag List