Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most comfortable/concealable G17 OWB holster

Kramer's #3 horsehide gave me yeomanry service for years.

Currently, Olen's kydex and Privateer Leather would be my recommendation.

But, as mentioned previously, the Glock Sport/Combat is a surprisingly effective OWB, and dirt cheap, at about $15 'Murrican. Good retention, and it really effectively snugs the gun into your side, minimizing printing. There are only 2 sizes, though, one for a G17, G19, G26 and similar, and the larger one for the G21/G30 G20, etc. I've got two that are at least 10+ years old, if not older, and they've held up superbly. Same for the Glock single magazine carriers. also available in 2 sizes.

Best, Jon

Normally not my cup of tea as a kydex company, but has anyone tried the trex ironside yet?

Tenicor ARX.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Tenicor ARX.
    Just bought the Tenicor ARX a couple weeks ago.

Since this holster is stiff kydex, the holster decides where it wants to be carried on your waist.
    In the ARX's case, that position was 3:30-4:00.

Horribly uncomfortable if you don't have enough torso and/or buttocks to prevent the butt of the gun from pushing against every backrest.
    That being said, it conceals very well. Still returning it.

I'm now leaning towards something like the Galco Avenger, Sparks OM-1, or MR Upper Limit.
    In TX, I don't need to prioritize printing above all else. So, I'm willing to sacrifice a smidgen of concealability for a significant increase in comfort and ease of draw.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have an ARX SOL and will agree that it is stiff. Mine works great for me though and it is my go to holster for when camping, out in my rural property, or when I am wearing a flannel type over shirt. I can comfortably carry my 17 with an X300 all day with comfort. The holster hugs my body and does a good job of concealing the gun. Holsters are a very personal thing and what works for one might not work for another. I think this is why we all have the mythical "Box O'Holsters" somewhere in closet or gunroom.

ETA: I agree with JonInWA that the Kramer is great as well as the Glock S/C holster.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoJM View Post
    Just bought the Tenicor ARX a couple weeks ago.

Since this holster is stiff kydex, the holster decides where it wants to be carried on your waist.
    In the ARX's case, that position was 3:30-4:00.

Horribly uncomfortable if you don't have enough torso and/or buttocks to prevent the butt of the gun from pushing against every backrest.
    That being said, it conceals very well. Still returning it.

I'm now leaning towards something like the Galco Avenger, Sparks OM-1, or MR Upper Limit.
    In TX, I don't need to prioritize printing above all else. So, I'm willing to sacrifice a smidgen of concealability for a significant increase in comfort and ease of draw.
    The ARX works for me but I agree with your observations. The curvature and width of the holster will work with your body shape or not. I think JM Custom's OWB1 with the Skinny Guy mod might be more accommodating of different body types.

User Tag List