Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Med Kit

Concealed Carry Med Kit

I'm looking to put together a gunshot oriented kit for truly concealed carry in Jeans/polo shirt. I don't like ankle kits, and they're never concealable to be anyway. I believe my only option is a front pocket kit. So I'm soliciting suggestions for a pouch, streamlined contents, and a TQ. I currently favor the CAT or the M2inc ratchet TQ, but am willing to change for the sake of size.

Site Supporter
    Dark Angel has a pocket "mini" kit.

Its too small for a TQ though.

They also have a slightly larger EDC kit that has provisions to carry a TQ but that probably pushes it out of pocket carry territory (unless you have cargo pockets or similar).

North American Rescue has their IPOK. They are bac packed and intended to fit in a cargo pocket. They also include a CAT TQ.

You may have already explored these options but if not they may be worth a look.

Yeah. I've looked at some, and I think I'm gonna try build my own "sheath" for some things, mainly a chest seal, wound packing gauze, and essmark bandage. I think the TQ has to be carried somewhere else. I know it sounds bad, but I don't carry a med kit on my person, as it's too bulky and attention-grabbing. So I'm thinking if I can pare down the contents to a bar minimum, and make it pocketable, I might be more willing to carry it.

I almost got the chest seal, gauze, and bandage into a BFG M4 magazine pouch. so maybe a pouch for a 308 might work.

I was just turned on to a Phlster Pocket Emergency Wallet, and got one on order. I still have no idea how to conceal a TQ

Site Supporter
    An option might be the SWAT-T. It isn't as efficient or perhaps effective as a CAT or other windlass- style tourniquets, but it is easier and more comfortable to conceal. It has the advantage of being more versatile in his uses.

While you don't like ankle carry, another option might be to carry only the CAT in an ankle rig and pocket carry the rest of your kit.

Site Supporter
    I have a SWAT-T in my back pocket almost all the time. I have more kit in a bleed box at home, in a go bag and a box of misc. OMG supplies in a box in the SUV - all kinds of things to start a new civilization. Better TQs. Supplies based on a Caleb Causey Lone Star course. Oh, some SWAT-T and bleed out gauze in my range bag.

In TX, folks at the matches had full kits and we discussed who had training with such before a match. It has been used. I should ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I was just turned on to a Phlster Pocket Emergency Wallet, and got one on order. I still have no idea how to conceal a TQ
    I used my PEW on a GSW (while working) and the chest seals in it worked great. I kept the PEW and CAT in an ankle carrier, but I wasn't worried about concealment. I carry a trauma kit in the truck, but I don't carry one on my body.

Site Supporter
    I am sitting in my office in summer business casual attire wearing this on my ankle:

https://darkangelmedical.com/ankle-kit-trauma-kit/

I believe these text two kits are the ones referenced in a post above. This one goes in my pocket when I am wearing shorts.

https://darkangelmedical.com/pocket-...ni-trauma-kit/

When I wear a jacket, I carry a similar kit with a slightly larger pouch that also includes a SWAT-T tourniquet. Unfortunately I cannot find this kit on their current website.

I've got all manner of TQ available, including the SWAT, which I am mostly considering for this application.

Site Supporter
    Mastermind Tactics makes an IWB TQ holder.

I've never used it but for $17 it may be worth a try.

User Tag List