Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sandman-S as a single suppressor for Rattler, 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So, assuming I stay the course with KeyMo/KeyMicro, I’m looking at a $250 delivered with tax and shipping for the DA KeyMo adapter to put on the Turbo K which negates some of the cost savings, but it’s still cheaper than a Sierra-5.

I guess the choice I have to make is whether the Sierra-5 is $250 better than the Turbo-K. Time for more reading to compare these two.

Thanks for the info!

(Goddess help me if I also decide I need a 7.62x51 can. My head is gonna explode.)
    I have two Turbo k’s.

I run one with a DA Keymo adapter and the other goes between Q and Griffin armament mounts.

For your first can I would do a .30 cal YHM modular can (Resonator or Resonator K).

That will allow modular mounting and let you shoot 308/ 300 BO and 5.56.

5.56 dedicated can is better as a second can.

If you are stuck on 5.56 cans, the YHM turbo K or the T3 is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have two Turbo k’s.

I run one with a DA Keymo adapter and the other goes between Q and Griffin armament mounts.

For your first can I would do a .30 cal YHM modular can (Resonator or Resonator K).

That will allow modular mounting and let you shoot 308/ 300 BO and 5.56.

5.56 dedicated can is better as a second can.

If you are stuck on 5.56 cans, the YHM turbo K or the T3 is the way to go.
    The issue with the YHM .30 cans is the barrel length restrictions - I have a 5.5” .300 BLK. Their 5.56 ones would work.

Plus a Sandman-S comes on the adapter I would want.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    The issue with the YHM .30 cans is the barrel length restrictions - I have a 5.5” .300 BLK. Their 5.56 ones would work.

Plus a Sandman-S comes on the adapter I would want.
    The sandman is not a bad can. You’re stuck with Key mo but it’s versatile since it’s 30 cal.

5.5” so Rattler ? Not intended to be suppressed - very gassy. The rattler was designed to be a small as possible unsuppressed bag gun shooting supers. Maybe you can swap the gas plug for the ones from the SOCOM PDW.

If you are hell bent on suppressing a rattler i’d be looking at a low back pressure can. Huxworx or one of the new lower back Pressure SIG cans.

The sandman is not a bad can. You’re stuck with Key mo but it’s versatile since it’s 30 cal.

5.5” so Rattler ? Not intended to be suppressed - very gassy. The rattler was designed to be a small as possible unsuppressed bag gun shooting supers. Maybe you can swap the gas plug for the ones from the SOCOM PDW.

If you are hell bent on suppressing a rattler i’d be looking at a low back pressure can. Huxworx or one of the new lower back Pressure SIG cans.
    KeyMo/KeyMicro was my plan anyways, so Sandman has the advantage of the integral mount. I’m not as worried about suppressing the Rattler but would like the ability to do so with subs. I was planning to Permatex the charging handles on everything that gives me gas to the face.

I could see getting a low back pressure can down the road, but for me that’s more of a specialty thing at this point. And I would never buy a SIG suppressor only because they tend to discontinue product and stop support, not something I would want on a NFA item that can only be serviced by them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    KeyMo/KeyMicro was my plan anyways, so Sandman has the advantage of the integral mount. I’m not as worried about suppressing the Rattler but would like the ability to do so with subs. I was planning to Permatex the charging handles on everything that gives me gas to the face.

I could see getting a low back pressure can down the road, but for me that’s more of a specialty thing at this point. And I would never buy a SIG suppressor only because they tend to discontinue product and stop support, not something I would want on a NFA item that can only be serviced by them.
    How much suppressed shooting have you done ? Goo sealing a charging handle helps but it’s not a panacea and unmodified Rattlers are BAD in terms of gas when suppressed.

Discomfort aside, there are heath implications to breathing that crap in. Low back pressure cans are the future not a specialty item. I get not trusting SIG - I’d probably only buy direct thread from them for the same reason.

I like Keymo, and it’s my main mounting system but it adds length and weight. Reduced length (and weight) are advantages of both direct thread and the Q Cherry bomb / plan B - standard “hub” modular mounting give you options.

How much suppressed shooting have you done ? Goo sealing a charging handle helps but it’s not a panacea and unmodified Rattlers are BAD in terms of gas when suppressed.

Discomfort aside, there are heath implications to breathing that crap in. Low back pressure cans are the future not a specialty item. I get not trusting SIG - I’d probably only buy direct thread from them for the same reason.

I like Keymo, and it’s my main mounting system but it adds length and weight. Reduced length (and weight) are advantages of both direct thread and the Q Cherry bomb / plan B - standard “hub” modular mounting give you options.
    Good info - I have zero suppressed experience. I’ve been relying on what I read and from talking to people. The gent at CA implied a Sandman-S would be a decent choice for a versatile non-flow through suppressor for a number of my SBRs.

The Rattler will still mostly be shot unsuppressed with supers. I’m just looking for versatility.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Good info - I have zero suppressed experience. I’ve been relying on what I read and from talking to people. The gent at CA implied a Sandman-S would be a decent choice for a versatile non-flow through suppressor for a number of my SBRs.

The Rattler will still mostly be shot unsuppressed with supers. I’m just looking for versatility.
    The Sandman is not bad but it’s prior generation tech.

If you can get your hands on the SOCOM gas plugs it should help with gas when suppressing a Rattler.

Back again. My R9 and Sandman-S were both approved, I just need to get down to CA to pick them up. I also have a dedicated rimfire can waiting out the process.

The amnesty caused me to end up with several 5.56 SBRs (10.3”, 11.5”, 12” and 12.5”) and I’m thinking a dedicated suppressor for these wouldn’t be a bad thing. It could also be used on my 14.5” uppers if I change out the muzzle devices, and even a 16”.

The YHM Turbo T3 seems to check a lot of boxes. Comments?
    Ken

User Tag List