Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandman-S as a single suppressor for Rattler, 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Luckily SIG provided the adapters in the boxes. I saw one reference to a tapered shoulder versions of the DA FHs and brakes, but only one mention so I’m doubting it’s correct.

And I agree that I’ll probably end up with a dedicated 5.56 suppressor at some point. I suspect cans are like potato chips (and Glocks) - hard to stop at just one.
    dead air recently announced a micro flash hider which is keymo compatible and on their website they have SKUs for models with "sig taper", they don't seem to be available yet however.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product...ct-info-tabs|0

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    dead air recently announced a micro flash hider which is keymo compatible and on their website they have SKUs for models with "sig taper", they don't seem to be available yet however.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product...ct-info-tabs|0
    Thank you! I’m still probably six months out from doing this, I’d prefer to be at my permanent address. Although it probably doesn’t matter, I will very likely be doing one of SilencerShop’s “one shot” trusts and I’m sure it can be amended.

Question: does a 5320.20 need to be filed for intrastate residence moves, or just interstate? When I did them I designated a permanent change of address.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thank you! I’m still probably six months out from doing this, I’d prefer to be at my permanent address. Although it probably doesn’t matter, I will very likely be doing one of SilencerShop’s “one shot” trusts and I’m sure it can be amended.

Question: does a 5320.20 need to be filed for intrastate residence moves, or just interstate? When I did them I designated a permanent change of address.
    Can's don't require a 5320.20 for interstate moves but being old school I included my cans for a perm. intrastate move sev. yrs back to an adjoining county as I also listed an M16, SBR & MP5 on the 5320.20
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-05-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Well, I haven't bought a suppressor for a while. But, I can say from experience that AAC mounts suck a bag of dicks. Back in the day not so long ago SilencerCo was supposed to be the bestest new hotness. My Omega has been a self-disassembling PIA, although not as bad as AAC. So, I have to say that I'm not surprised to hear that Keymo may not be all that it's cracked up to be. It is not easy to make a good suppressor mounting system. In fact, I think it's more difficult than making a decent suppressor. Honestly, I care a lot more about the mount than dB or what the can sounds like.

If I buy another can, it will be either another Surefire or another TBAC.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Well, I haven't bought a suppressor for a while. But, I can say from experience that AAC mounts suck a bag of dicks. Back in the day not so long ago SilencerCo was supposed to be the bestest new hotness. My Omega has been a self-disassembling PIA, although not as bad as AAC. So, I have to say that I'm not surprised to hear that Keymo may not be all that it's cracked up to be. It is not easy to make a good suppressor mounting system. In fact, I think it's more difficult than making a decent suppressor. Honestly, I care a lot more about the mount than dB or what the can sounds like.

Agreed on SF *if* I ever bought another one & re. mounts, the 3 remaining cans I own all are thread on w/ 2 being Ti to counter weight issues.

Lol, my AAC mount for my 5.56 I just let carbon the heck up so it’s a solid weld from mount to can and I just thread the whole unit onto a barrel like a direct mount. Ha.

I ordered some more rocksett to semi fix things together once I decide what can should stay on what gun.

More and more I’m just deciding to fix cans to guns and not eff with mounting systems.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Lol, my AAC mount for my 5.56 I just let carbon the heck up so it’s a solid weld from mount to can and I just thread the whole unit onto a barrel like a direct mount. Ha.

I ordered some more rocksett to semi fix things together once I decide what can should stay on what gun.

More and more I’m just deciding to fix cans to guns and not eff with mounting systems.
    I like to be able to remove suppressors for a variety of reasons. TBAC's thread-on mount is simple and robust. I haven't found the need for the locking version.

https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/accessories

I like to be able to remove suppressors for a variety of reasons. TBAC's thread-on mount is simple and robust. I haven't found the need for the locking version.

https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/accessories
    Doesn’t wiggle or loosen up on you for just the threaded no lock?

I’ve done threaded with silicone O ring to prevent loosening.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Doesn’t wiggle or loosen up on you for just the threaded no lock?

I’ve done threaded with silicone O ring to prevent loosening.
    TBAC product info states "With the CB mount, the suppressor mates to a conical shoulder on the brake and locks up rock solid and extremely tight" and that is my experience. It stays tight, and even after a lot of shooting I've never had it so stuck on that I couldn't remove it (sometimes requiring some 'man strength'). It's way better than barrel-direct thread mounting because the taper is less susceptible to misalignment from crud or sand. I suppose if I was going to war, I'd want the locking version.

The TBAC Dominus K-SR will probably be my next can if I get around to buying one.

User Tag List