Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sandman-S as a single suppressor for Rattler, 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It uses the new de facto industry standard "Hub" 1.375Χ24 TPI threads that allow the can to accept just about any mounting solution. So you buy your Hub can and pick out what you want. I'm a fan of the Griffin taper mounts, Keymo is heavy, long, and expensive. YHM's mounts are also really good. If it were me, I wouldn't be considering something without Hub threads.

I'd look at what you listed plus the EA ARX. I've got a Turbo K on my AUG, works great, no issues.
    So, assuming I stay the course with KeyMo/KeyMicro, I’m looking at a $250 delivered with tax and shipping for the DA KeyMo adapter to put on the Turbo K which negates some of the cost savings, but it’s still cheaper than a Sierra-5.

I guess the choice I have to make is whether the Sierra-5 is $250 better than the Turbo-K. Time for more reading to compare these two.

Thanks for the info!

(Goddess help me if I also decide I need a 7.62x51 can. My head is gonna explode.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I also have a Turbo K on an 11.5” 5.56 gun. The only other suppressor I have any real experience with is the AAC M4-2000 so keep that in mind. The Turbo K is a lot lighter, shorter, and sends less gas into my face. I bought mine, with stamp, for $600 (the first President Trump COVID check). It’s tough to beat. Plus YHM has been around for a long time. You don’t have to worry about the company disappearing in a couple of years should you need customer service.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Bumping this back up with a stupid newb question. I’m still shopping while I wait for my permanent address change and want to have a purchase plan in place.

I have decided on KeyMo and have been adding their muzzle devices to my rifles and SBRs. I plan to get a Wolfman for the 9mm and 300 BO SBRs. My understanding is that Wolfman will also work as a light duty can for my 5.56 SBRs and rifles, but I should do better for those if I intend to shoot a lot of 5.56.

I’m looking at two options for a more durable 5.56 suppressor - a DA Sierra-5 KeyMo or a YHM Turbo K. The price of the YHM is really appealing.

My stupid question - how exactly is a Turbo K adapted for a DA KeyMo? Is it using a DA accessory, or aftermarket? @HCM

I assume this is the YHM can: https://yhm.net/turbo-k-with-yhm-4302-28a/
    The Turbo is a modular can.

The rear “cap” of the can is removable and uses what is now the industry standard 1.375" X 24 TPI thread pitch. It started with the Silencerco Omega as a way to switch between ASR mounts and direct thread end caps. This has now become the industry standard known as HUB (Hybrid Universal Base).

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-univer...24-156634.html

Now there are multiple HUB options:

Direct thread
    Silencerco ASR (sucks)
    Griffin plan A
    Q plan B
    Dead Air Key-mo
    YHM
    AREA 419

I have two Turbo K’s - one set up with Keymo and one for the Q Cherry Bomb

Finally some movement. I purchased a YHM R9 today at Capitol Armory and will run it on my 9mm SBRs using three lug. I also talked with the rep a bit about suppressors for .300 BO, .308 and 5.56 and handled several. From that, I am back to strongly leaning towards a Sandman-S for the next one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Finally some movement. I purchased a YHM R9 today at Capitol Armory and will run it on my 9mm SBRs using three lug. I also talked with the rep a bit about suppressors for .300 BO, .308 and 5.56 and handled several. From that, I am back to strongly leaning towards a Sandman-S for the next one.
    Congrats. How are you buying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Congrats. How are you buying it?
    ???
    Ken

That wasn't clear... Are you ordering it yourself and filling out your own paperwork. In my first purchase I wanted the LGS to do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    That wasn't clear... Are you ordering it yourself and filling out your own paperwork. In my first purchase I wanted the LGS to do it for me.
    Aha!

I actually went to Capitol Armory’s storefront in suburban Austin and bought it there. They handled the eForm 4 process, I just did the docusign today. They will either teleport it to my door in 2036 after it’s approved or I can take my personal hoverboard there to pick it up.
    Ken

Capitol Armory is great. I've bought all my accessories from them. Jorge is very responsive, even answers emails on weekends. I don't envy you living in TX but I'd love to be able to shop there in person.

I have a Sandman S and K, run them on SBRs and 308 bolt guns. Very tough can, but nothing to really blow you away regarding DB reduction. Lots of guys at work running Turbos, great sounding can. Has a chance to shoot my Saker next to a Turbo K, I was shocked by how similar they sounded to me. My Sandman K is essentially worthless.

User Tag List