Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Highland Park 4th of July Shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The KelTec was reportedly found in his car, there to be used in a second, aborted shooting attempt. News reports say that the Highland Park murders were carried out with an S&W M&P15. FWIW.
    https://youtu.be/G80JPDX8q_E

At the 30 second mark the officer says "he used a KelTec SUB200"

Also, the news have been saying "AR like"

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I found news reports that indicate otherwise. That said, we are clearly still in the early stages of fact finding and finger pointing. I’m sure it will all come out eventually.

AR report:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/...e-robert-crimo

KelTec in Madison, WI report/photo:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/highlan...ert-crimo-gun/
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I found news reports that indicate otherwise. That said, we are clearly still in the early stages of fact finding and finger pointing. I’m sure it will all come out eventually.

AR report:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/...e-robert-crimo

KelTec in Madison, WI report/photo:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/highlan...ert-crimo-gun/
    That CBS News report showing an image of the KelTec says the the Sub2000 was found in the suspect’s vehicle, not at the scene of the shooting.

Oh I'm sure it'll change.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    The news gets it wrong constantly for a number of reasons. One...they know nothing about firearms. Nothing. Two....they don't care, and are generally politically motivated actors pushing the "AR15 BAAAAD!" meme. Finally, sometimes for valid reasons and other times due to incompetence, LE can be either reluctant to release information, or sometimes just gives bad info to the press.

In the absence of clear and correct info from authorities on a major newsworthy event, they will just make shit up. Seriously
    . A deadline is a deadline.

Now back to AR

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Now back to AR

In my own experience, and likely in that of the other first responders on this forum like @AMC, I have witnessed and participated in events covered by the media in which the media has gotten so many things wrong or distorted that I don’t even recognize their description of events I experienced firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In my own experience, and likely in that of the other first responders on this forum like @AMC, I have witnessed and participated in events covered by the media in which the media has gotten so many things wrong or distorted that I don’t even recognize their description of events I experienced firsthand.
    I’ve written quite a few police reports only to read the next day newspaper and find many errors. Often they had spoken with me directly, or had access to the written report.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    This was brought home to me quite starkly during my probationary year. I was at the scene of several newsworthy incidents, and when I later watched the news reports of the incident, I wouldn't have known they were talking about the same incident. I had witnessed reporters asking supervisors or Lieutenants at the scene for details, only to be given a "no comment". Well....they needed details for their deadline. They didn't have to be true or accurate details.

Everyone needs to remember that when reading any media account of anything: technology, science, economics, etc.

I genuinely think they would get a story on how to boil water wrong.

User Tag List