Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help picking a click/ratchet style gun belt

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    ... I'd like to try the Kore "buffalo hide" belt (6lb), but leather doesn't fit with my edc dress.
    The buffalo hide has a flat matte finish and isn't shiny like a dress belt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    The buffalo hide has a flat matte finish and isn't shiny like a dress belt.
    Thanks. I prefer to not wear leather with Salomon’s and kydex.

I forgot to mention that I do have a black and a brown Kore “dress belt” (4lb?) that I wear with suits or to church. They work well for IWB, but not stiff enough for OWB with spare mags in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Thanks. I prefer to not wear leather with Salomon’s and kydex.

I forgot to mention that I do have a black and a brown Kore “dress belt” (4lb?) that I wear with suits or to church. They work well for IWB, but not stiff enough for OWB with spare mags in my opinion.
    That's my opinion as well. I still use my 8lb tactical nylon Kore for full OWB with a G17, light, and spare mag. But for AIWB it's the buffalo hide 6lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    In the past I've used 5.1.1, Wilderness, Graith / Mastermind, and a few others. About 3 years ago I decided I was done with velcro and got a Kore "Tactical Nylon" belt with the X7 small "AIWB" buckle. It's rated for 8lbs and is a bit stiffer for AIWB than it needs to be, but still quite manageable for me. I love the ratchet system and will never go back to velcro or D-ring setups that "kinda sorta" don't slip. After 2 years the only wear on that belt was where the DCC clips wore on the belt from putting the clips on and off every day.

I also use a 4lb Kore leather belt when I need to wear a suit but its not sturdy enough for AIWB in cargo pants. A year ago I found Kore's "Western" buffalo belts rated at 6lbs. I wasn't interested in the western buckles so I bought a "belt only" and a 2nd X7 buckle and it's been perfect for the last year.

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...elts-no-buckle
    That buffalo is a nice shade/sheen for jeans and boots. Thanks for sharing!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My Kore is definitely stiffer, but I almost always end up going out the door wearing my Next belt.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List