Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help picking a click/ratchet style gun belt

Need help picking a click/ratchet style gun belt

I am looking for a new EDC gun belt for aiwb carry. I am thing about trying a click style belt, but there are now so many different brands, Kore, Nexbelt, and Groove belt to name a few. Could I get some real world opinions, as to which brands hold up the best ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebud View Post
    I am looking for a new EDC gun belt for aiwb carry. I am thing about trying a click style belt, but there are now so many different brands, Kore, Nexbelt, and Groove belt to name a few. Could I get some real world opinions, as to which brands hold up the best ?
    I had a thread on these a few months ago, it might be worth finding. I bought one but haven’t put much time on it yet.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I had a thread on these a few months ago, it might be worth finding. I bought one but haven’t put much time on it yet.
    I did try searching, but the results were over a year old. I will trying searching again using different search parameters.

Found it! I guess it was over a year ago, time flies.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....for-carry-2021
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebud View Post
    In the past I've used 5.1.1, Wilderness, Graith / Mastermind, and a few others. About 3 years ago I decided I was done with velcro and got a Kore "Tactical Nylon" belt with the X7 small "AIWB" buckle. It's rated for 8lbs and is a bit stiffer for AIWB than it needs to be, but still quite manageable for me. I love the ratchet system and will never go back to velcro or D-ring setups that "kinda sorta" don't slip. After 2 years the only wear on that belt was where the DCC clips wore on the belt from putting the clips on and off every day.

I also use a 4lb Kore leather belt when I need to wear a suit but its not sturdy enough for AIWB in cargo pants. A year ago I found Kore's "Western" buffalo belts rated at 6lbs. I wasn't interested in the western buckles so I bought a "belt only" and a 2nd X7 buckle and it's been perfect for the last year.

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...elts-no-buckle

I ended up with a Kore with X7 buckle, too - so far, so good.
    Ken

That is kind of the way I am leaning.

You sold me and you're responsible for my 100% satisfaction.
    Just sayin'...

I have a couple of Kore belts (not the leather ones), and they have done very well.

Site Supporter
    I have several of the Kore (8lb) belts. I wore one of their "gun belts" edc (plainclothes LE: OWB G45, cuffs, spare mag) for a year or so. I eventually found it too stiff for comfort. I still use one on my padded "battle belt." Instead I went to the Nexbelt. It's not as stiff as the Kore and has been much more comfortable for all day carry. The downside is the Nexbelt is not as durable as the Kore. I'd like to try the Kore "buffalo hide" belt (6lb), but leather doesn't fit with my edc dress.

User Tag List