Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antifa threatens APD

Antifa threatens APD

I don't know where to place this. If it needs to be moved to a more appropriate sub, please do so. CD

Asheville Police Department receives 'threatening' email regarding potential protests | WLOS

This just hit the headlines and it brings major concerns. The fire station I work out of also houses the APD traffic unit. We interact daily at the office, not to mention the calls we work together. I will be at work tomorrow and I have no clue as to what is in store nor have an idea of how to prepare.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I don't know where to place this. If it needs to be moved to a more appropriate sub, please do so. CD

Asheville Police Department receives 'threatening' email regarding potential protests | WLOS

This just hit the headlines and it brings major concerns. The fire station I work out of also houses the APD traffic unit. We interact daily at the office, not to mention the calls we work together. I will be at work tomorrow and I have no clue as to what is in store nor have an idea of how to prepare.
    I’m going to tag in @HCM here, but something to me doesn’t seem quite right about that antifa letter. It’s shit-stirring for sure, and could be your local antifa. But beside the tone of the letter, antifa type folks don’t usually recognize the legitimacy of LE. To paraphrase, “They anarcho-communists Donny”

Stay safe tomorrow, having never been fire or PD I’ll not make suggestions on preparations for work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’m going to tag in @HCM here, but something to me doesn’t seem quite right about that antifa letter. It’s shit-stirring for sure, and could be your local antifa. But beside the tone of the letter, antifa type folks don’t usually recognize the legitimacy of LE. To paraphrase, “They anarcho-communists Donny”

Stay safe tomorrow, having never been fire or PD I’ll not make suggestions on preparations for work.
    Spot on re: anarchism.

So:

-no specifics

- “Antifa” is not a monolithic organization. It’s more like “The Dread Pirate Robert’s” from the princess bride. Any Jack ass can send a message and sign it ANTIFA.

- Asheville is basically the Portland of the Carolinas so rabble rousers and shit stirrers claiming Antifa are par for the course.

We experienced antifa during the summer of love protests, that and the stacking of events (pro and anti-abortion rallies) planned for tomorrow, prior events of being mortared with fireworks in the hood already had me/us concerned. That email is just extra whipped cream in the milkshake.

Tomorrow will not be a revolver day.

Crazy Dane, be safe tomorrow. My wife is an Asheville native and my in-laws live in West Asheville. My father-in-law is a retired Deputy Chief from Enka/Candler volunteer FD. I familiar with the greater Buncombe County area. You and the guys both red and blue be safe and keep your heads on a swivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    Crazy Dane, be safe tomorrow. My wife is an Asheville native and my in-laws live in West Asheville. My father-in-law is a retired Deputy Chief from Enka/Candler volunteer FD. I familiar with the greater Buncombe County area. You and the guys both red and blue be safe and keep your heads on a swivel.

Thank you!

There is a good chance that I know him/them. I have run out of WVA stations since 07 and have been in the adjoining district since 08. I've run a lot of mutual aid fires with Enka.

The county where I worked had 2-3 bomb threats a year, Buildings had to be evacuated until a search could be made. They even had umbrellas by the doors so people could stand in the rain for an hour. Just a minor inconvenience for a county with 3K employees. Lots of jokers out there. That was 8 years ago. I'm sure it's much worse now.

Be safe,
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    We experienced antifa during the summer of love protests, that and the stacking of events (pro and anti-abortion rallies) planned for tomorrow, prior events of being mortared with fireworks in the hood already had me/us concerned. That email is just extra whipped cream in the milkshake.

Tomorrow will not be a revolver day.
    I didn’t mean to imply you guys didn’t have antifa there, just that it’s possible that letter wasn’t from your local hardcore antifa type folks.

Keep your heads on a swivel and stay safe out there. I couldn’t imagine how pissed I’d be getting mortared with fireworks and not being able to do anything about it because “it’s just fireworks”.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

- “Antifa” is not a monolithic organization. It’s more like “The Dread Pirate Robert’s” from the princess bride. .
    Mostly peaceful piracy?😁

I didn’t mean to imply you guys didn’t have antifa there, just that it’s possible that letter wasn’t from your local hardcore antifa type folks.

Keep your heads on a swivel and stay safe out there. I couldn’t imagine how pissed I’d be getting mortared with fireworks and not being able to do anything about it because “it’s just fireworks”.

you're good, I was just saying that we already expected them to show up because of the rallies then this email drops.

so more on this email, now that I am at work, this is supposedly in response to an altercation or assault at at pro abortion rally that took place last week.

User Tag List