Thread: label stickers for use as targets

Site Supporter

label stickers for use as targets

A month or so ago, Tom Givens posted on the Rangemaster Facebook page a picture of some 3x5" stickers that he uses as targets. These looked like an improvement over stapling up notecards, so I went straight to Amazon and ordered some. To my surprise, I was able to buy 7,900 stickers for $20. (I think this was a pricing mistake, because when I went back to Amazon tonight, the product that I purchased is listed as no longer available.) I looked at some more stickers and decided to order a role of 2" green stickers with the thought of sticking them in the middle of the white 3x5" stickers. Below is a picture of what I ended up with. The backing for the white stickers is perforated between each sticker, so they fold up really well and fit in the little plastic bag that I use for holding my notecards. Today was the first chance I've had to go to the range in a long time, and I was very pleased with these new targets. Stapling up notecards isn't difficult, but slapping these up is even easier.

Name:  stickers.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  40.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    A month or so ago, Tom Givens posted on the Rangemaster Facebook page a picture of some 3x5" stickers that he uses as targets. These looked like an improvement over stapling up notecards, so I went straight to Amazon and ordered some. To my surprise, I was able to buy 7,900 stickers for $20. (I think this was a pricing mistake, because when I went back to Amazon tonight, the product that I purchased is listed as no longer available.) I looked at some more stickers and decided to order a role of 2" green stickers with the thought of sticking them in the middle of the white 3x5" stickers. Below is a picture of what I ended up with. The backing for the white stickers is perforated between each sticker, so they fold up really well and fit in the little plastic bag that I use for holding my notecards. Today was the first chance I've had to go to the range in a long time, and I was very pleased with these new targets. Stapling up notecards isn't difficult, but slapping these up is even easier.

Name:  stickers.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  40.8 KB
    Nice! That’s a smoking deal for labels.

I’m a fan of stapling sheets of copy paper and using stickers on top of that. 2” is a great, functional size.

Big rolls of 2", 3", 4", 6" colored "inventory dots" sometimes used in warehouses are very cheap target stickers. Available from a zillion sources.https://www.ebay.com/itm/39293323493...gAAOSwAhtfVaYo

Site Supporter
    I have a big roll of florescent orange 3x5 address labels I use as self adhesive targets at the range.

They were cheap and work great.

Creating useful specialized targets is an art.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Ah, I just draw in a dot using a bingo card marker.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

About 40 yrs ago, I started using bright orange pricing stickers (for in-service training) that were supplied by a local bread truck delivery guy. When that local bakery closed, I found dozens of rolls in a trash can that lasted for over 10 yrs. Since then, I've been using blank stickers from these folks ..... they offer LOTS of options.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List