Thread: Suggestions for a Glock 21 w/ Surefire X300U-B light and RMR OWB holster?

Suggestions for a Glock 21 w/ Surefire X300U-B light and RMR OWB holster?

On the rare occasion I carry a Glock 21 as my CCW. I’d like to upgrade and add a Surefire X300U-B weapon light and possibly an Aimpoint Acro. Can anyone suggest a good OWB concealable holster? Google shows a handful of companies making Kydex holsters for this setup but I’m not familiar with any of them.

Site Supporter
    Based on 5 min of research, many of the go to vendors here do not make for a G21 with a SF X300U as per their website

You could contact said vendors who otherwise make great grear and ask what they can do on the special order front i.e. JM Kydex and PHLSTER kydex

Dale Fricke seems to offer the configuration on the website.
    https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...elite-holster/

It might be faster to run the names by the board of folks you have found in your research.

PS-Concealable OWB with a G21 and a Surefire X 300 is a not small package to conceal. Optimally, it will require you dressing around the platform a bit and wearing a purpose built leather or nylon gun belt.
    I would also note that concealed generally means concealed, it does not mean invisible to the trained eye at 1 meter.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    On the rare occasion I carry a Glock 21 as my CCW. I’d like to upgrade and add a Surefire X300U-B weapon light and possibly an Aimpoint Acro. Can anyone suggest a good OWB concealable holster? Google shows a handful of companies making Kydex holsters for this setup but I’m not familiar with any of them.
    We make that combo, it's just not available as a quick ship, at least not at this time. I also just double checked and we don't have it listed, but we do have molds for it so you can order using the G 21 w/ TLR1 and let me know in the comments you have the X300UB. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I have a JM Custom Kydex OWB-2 for a P320RX full-size w/ X300U-B. Also a rather large gun. The holster fits close against the body and there's no wasted space/material so you can't really get much smaller. In cold weather it conceals well under a coat and passable under a vest. Note the retention is on the light so you will have to commit.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 07-02-2022 at 09:02 PM. Reason: speeling

I have several jmck holsters, aiwb and owb. Every time i buy another brand, that one goes into the old holster box. The jmck just work like they were designed. Just a little bit of my wasted money advice.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    PS-Concealable OWB with a G21 and a Surefire X 300 is a not small package to conceal. Optimally, it will require you dressing around the platform a bit and wearing a purpose built leather or nylon gun belt.
    Thank you for taking the time to post and help! When I carry the G21 you are exactly right, I do “dress around the gun”. I carry OWB under an untucked and unbuttoned cover shirt. Concealing the G21 has never been an issue for me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I also just double checked and we don't have it listed, but we do have molds for it so you can order using the G 21 w/ TLR1 and let me know in the comments you have the X300UB. Thanks
    You were the first place I checked and didn’t see it available on the website. I have one of your OWB holsters for my LTT Beretta 92 and it is one of the most comfortable holsters I’ve ever worn! I’ll be ordering the OWB holster for my G21 w/ Surefire x300U-B from you. Thanks for posting the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    I have a JM Custom Kydex OWB-2 for a P320RX full-size w/ X300U-B. Also a rather large gun. The holster fits close against the body and there's no wasted space/material so you can't really get much smaller. In cold weather it conceals well under a coat and passable under a vest. Note the retention is on the light so you will have to commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    I have several jmck holsters, aiwb and owb. Every time i buy another brand, that one goes into the old holster box. The jmck just work like they were designed. Just a little bit of my wasted money advice.
    Thank you both for posting your experiences! I’m appreciative that you would both take the time to help and offer your insights.

I picked up one of the Safariland 7000 series per recommendations here.

Level 1

It's really nice but I dont love how the RDS hood flops around. I assume that's normal?

Is it a problem other than seeming sloppy?

Any user modifications or "hacks" to keep it from doing that?

Would a Level 3 holster not do that? Maybe the Level 3 strap keeps the hood down?

I feel like for the Acro I dont even need the full hood, I would like just a fixed straight piece that covers the top of the acro so if I drop prone the top of the acro is protected. But I dont feel the need for the rear to be protected as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

Level 1

It's really nice but I dont love how the RDS hood flops around. I assume that's normal?

Would a Level 3 holster not do that? Maybe the Level 3 strap keeps the hood down?

I feel like for the Acro I dont even need the full hood, I would like just a fixed straight piece that covers the top of the acro so if I drop prone the top of the acro is protected. But I dont feel the need for the rear to be protected as much.
    Personally prefer the 6000 series. The hood stays on much better , but if running an acro I'd ditch the hood altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

Level 1

The ALS hood on a Level 3 holster doesn’t contact the RDS cover. It has no effect on whether the cover would flop around.

Can you be more specific about when and how the cover is flopping around? On my holster, when the cover is closed it doesn’t move until I draw the gun and it gets flipped forward. Do you mean that it’s loose after you draw the gun and you’re moving around? I’m which case that’s normal.

User Tag List