Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: US Consulate Burned to Ground/US State Dep Officer Killed

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I can only guess that the people in D.C. thought that since we helped protect Lybians from being slaughtered by their former dictator, that there was no cause to be concerned for security.

Apparently the mind of the "arab street" is more primitive than they realized.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There was 2 Marines killed along with the Ambassador. Sounds like the Marine FAST team is en route.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...opher-stevens/
    Thanks, hadn't seen that in any of the stories I've read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I guess I was born a 100 years to late too. First your enemies have to fear you to then respect you. We have neither with them.
    "Oderint dum metuant"- Let them hate, so long as they fear. Words to live by.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Wanis al-Sharef, a Libyan Interior Ministry official in Benghazi, said the four Americans were killed when the angry mob, which gathered to protest a U.S.-made film that ridicules Islam's Prophet Muhammad, fired guns and burned down the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

He said Stevens, 52, and other officials were moved to a second building, deemed safer, after the initial wave of protests at the consulate. According to al-Sharef, members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attack.
    #RESIST

Honestly, dude...did you really expect it to be otherwise?

We don't have many friends in the middle east. Probably even fewer after we blabbed and got the guy who handed us Bin Laden imprisoned in Pakistan. Realpolitik: The enemy of my enemy is my friend...until I no longer need him, and then he's my enemy.

Back to TWTL. Milius absolutely nails it in TR's hunting camp "press conference."

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Great references to that movie!

Here's a fitting clip for this trouble.

Skip to 1:08:53. I couldn't find just the attack.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm voting for Romney holding my nose...but in his press conference he told some shrill news harpy essentially that we don't apologize for the 1st amendment.

It isn't much, but it's better than I was expecting.

There are pics on the web of the "protesters" parading through the streets with the ambassador's body.
    #RESIST

Some are claiming those are pictures of the people trying to help him.

In my head I'm seeing CNN play video of Shughart and Gordon being drug through the streets of Somalia and I have to admit I'm having a hard time seeing those photos as an effort to render assistance to the Ambassador.

User Tag List