Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Safe Podcast: Craig Douglas: MUC (Part 1 of 3)

CCW Safe Podcast: Craig Douglas: MUC (Part 1 of 3)

Enjoy...

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/36344

(Includes transcript)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Enjoy...

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/36344

(Includes transcript)
    Awesome. I’m looking forward to giving this a listen, hot off an ECQC class a couple of weeks ago. Maybe some of it’ll start to sink in…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Good refresher, it's been a while since I did MUC with Craig.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Excellent listen.

I have a MUC question I haven’t seen answered. Are there any good guidelines when MUCing and you are with your perhaps not as code Yellow aware partner? How does having ones spouse play a factor in the strategies of dealing with a MUC situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Excellent listen.

I have a MUC question I haven’t seen answered. Are there any good guidelines when MUCing and you are with your perhaps not as code Yellow aware partner? How does having ones spouse play a factor in the strategies of dealing with a MUC situation?
    It’s something to factor in. Again, whomever you are with gets a vote on how things go. The biggest consideration, IME, is physical positioning, eg., when one arcs to 3 or 9, you can’t just leave the rest of your family on the x. I’m fortunate that my wife lets me take the lead when talking to random people on the mean streets. But straight up: I have options when I’m by myself that I don’t have when she’s with me. Hell, if I’m at home by myself at night, I can make a freaking tomahawk work for HD. If Mrs Totem is with me, I want the .300 DDPDW. JMO.

At any rate, let’s see if the pros respond on this one. I’m just giving an off-the-cuff opinion.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    It’s something to factor in. Again, whomever you are with gets a vote on how things go. The biggest consideration, IME, is physical positioning, eg., when one arcs to 3 or 9, you can’t just leave the rest of your family on the x. I’m fortunate that my wife lets me take the lead when talking to random people on the mean streets. But straight up: I have options when I’m by myself that I don’t have when she’s with me. Hell, if I’m at home by myself at night, I can make a freaking tomahawk work for HD. If Mrs Totem is with me, I want the .300 DDPDW. JMO.

At any rate, let’s see if the pros respond on this one. I’m just giving an off-the-cuff opinion.
    Thanks Totem. If I ever get to take ECQC, it’s something I wanted to ask.

I will say sometimes the shoe is on the other foot. Once coming out of a WalMart in San Antonio, my wife alerted me to sumdood who appeared in front of me asking for change, as if from nowhere. With a bum leg no less. Major SA fail on my part.

One thing we do is if either of us notices something ‘not right’, we say a clock code, relative to our direction of travel. So if we are going into a store, and say someone is vectoring oddly (not going in or out) on our left, one of us will say “9 o’clock”, which alerts the other. Not much, probably, but it’s something.

Appreciate the info, def interested in more on this.

(I still am bummed we never connected in CdA when the Gen 5 was released. I will track you down if we ever get out West again. )

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks for posting these, sir. Craig's responses to the questions are fleshed out enough to be really clear. I will pass on the links to some parties who will find them useful.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Thanks for posting these, sir. Craig's responses to the questions are fleshed out enough to be really clear. I will pass on the links to some parties who will find them useful.
    You're very welcome. Least I could do.

User Tag List